Friday, March 10, 2023

10 Days Until Spring...

 That has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
I am looking forward to spring, the natural world is waking up...the days are getting longer, 
flowers are blooming and as the weather warms up it allows us to spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
Farmers markets are everywhere selling fresh fruit and vegetables.
Everyone is happier, smiling, saying hello.
The air feels fresh and it is nice to be able to open the windows once again.


Soon, my Lilacs will be blooming, it is my favorite flower since childhood.
These pictures are from 2017.


- spring is a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be -

12 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh, I love lilacs! Never could grow them but I tried. I think I was too far south when I was trying to get some to bloom. They smell so lovely.

Sally said...

Yes, spring
We love it,don't we?
xoxo

Sandi said...

Lilacs remind me of my childhood. 💜

"spring is a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be"

How uplifting!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Seriously? Only 10 days? Based on what I am seeing here it more like 10 weeks!

Pam said...

Oh yes, spring sounds great. Just don't look forward to the heat of summer that comes next. I don't like heat.

DeniseinVA said...

I love the photographs of your lilacs. Good to be reminded that spring is just around the corner :)

Conniecrafter said...

I am getting excited for spring, but our temps are in the 40's most of this week coming up so no opening doors around here. Our Lilac bush is starting to have leaves peeking out.

Marie Smith said...

Lilacs are some of my favourite blooms too.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Thank you for the wonderful lilacs. I love them too.
Cyclone Diethelm is raging in my place. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day.
First sunny this year.
Happy waiting for spring.

Worldview Capture said...

Oh my gosh these are all lovely photos.
I followed your blog, kindly follow mine. Thank you so much.
http://www.worldviewcaptures.com/2023/03/2-candleriggs-glasgow-street-photography.html

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful pictures from 2017 :)

All the best Jan

21 Wits said...

I am hoping for the real live genuine spring to arrive here! Your captures are beautiful! Enjoy your weekend.