Saturday, March 4, 2023

Saturday Critters #481

 I have not been out this week and I have not really had much time at the window.
I was able to capture a few good pictures of my backyard song birds,
but only a few worth sharing.
It's been cold again, I have to bundle up to stand at the open window.
There is one very nice plus, the window I stand at has a heat vent right below it, 
so when the heat turns on, I get an extremely nice, very warm, "breeze", I appreciate it.

I have never seen so many Red Breasted Nuthatches as I have seen this year.
They like to hang out in this tree making them difficult to photograph.
I took this picture on Thursday, 
if you look closely, you can see some little red buds starting to appear, spring is on it's way.

The Male Downy Woodpeckers visit all day, every day.
They enjoy the suet I put out!

I get a lot of Sparrow's, this is a Female House Sparrow.

My favorite, the Female Red Bellied Woodpecker
Another of my birds that visits all day, every day and enjoys the suet.

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the little Downy, it's one of my favs to see in the woods. Hope it warms up there soon! Hugs!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Bird watching is fun and relaxing.
And when you take beautiful pictures, you are happy.
Hugs and greetings.

Michelle said...

These photos are amazing. It’s so fun getting a close-up look of birds. They move so quickly.

Sally said...

Beautiful photo's Debbie. And, yes, I see the buds forming. Spring is trying to spring all over and I'm ready for it. Of course, we don't live with really bad weather here (unless a hurricane wants to stop by but we won't talk about that).

I hope that soon you'll feel like getting out again, my friend. HUGS

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic photos! Darling birds Debbie, and those new buds are a very welcome sight. I would also welcome the heating vent :) Happy weekend!

RedPat said...

The little Downys stay here all winter and it is so nice to see them flitting about.

Pam said...

NOt too sure I have ever seen a Nuthatch in our area. Like you though, we have sparrows. Lots of sparrows. Get a lot of wren, chickadees, cardinals, bluejays and bluebirds. I love to sit on the deck and watch them getting into the birdfeed. Cats love them too.

Linda said...

They are all so pretty!!!! Do you ever make canvases of your photos?

Bonnie K said...

I love the nuthatches. They carefully weigh their seeds and thake the heaviest ones. The light ones are thrown to the ground and my dog, Ella, eats them. Sometimes I think they are feeding her. Thanks for sharing.

ashok said...

Lovely clicks..i love bird watching

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Awesome pictures! We got about 8" of snow this week so the birds have been pretty active looking for seed. I think I will pull out the camera and take a few pictures myself today!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely birds.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I bet that warm air is nice when taking the pictures. So exciting to see the leaves of the trees peeking out here too, even the tree down the road has flowers on it, can't believe how early everything is popping out. Love the close up of the woodpecker, I have seen a few more at out bird feeders too, nice to see a variety and that the starlings aren't as overwhelming as they have been.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie:=)
Fabulous bird captures, so clear and sharp as always and they are all beautiful birds. Today I also noticed new buds appearing on the trees.New life is a wonderful thing.

All the best.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful birds and photos Debbie! The Nuthatch is one of my many favorites.
But, I love them all! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, I am sorry I am late commenting, thank you for leaving me a comment.