Thursday, August 11, 2022

The Passing Heatwave

 For 9 straight days, 
the temperatures were in the upper 90's and according to the weather people
it felt like 100 degrees and over.
I tried to stay in the house, in the air conditioning.
The pool water is so warm at 92 degrees, it is not even refreshing.

Yesterday was so much better, 
we enjoyed an afternoon in the pool with some hot dogs on the grill.
I didn't want to go in the house for my shower...
 it was 6 pm before I came inside to shower, the air outside was so beautiful.
Our weekend is suppose to be gorgeous, cooler temperatures, and I am really looking forward to it.


My tomato plants are huge...


and are producing some very large, juicy tomatoes.
They love the heat...
and we love BLT's and we have had a lot!

My Wildflower garden is doing well also...

Policeman's Helmet

Garden Balsam

Sulfur Cosmos

Black Eyed Susan

Tithonia

The Wildflower Garden is looking better,
there are a lot of random wildflowers popping up everywhere!

- like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow...in all the places people never thought you would -

16 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Wow Debbie your tomatoes ARE HUGE!!--- And plentiful! ours didn't do as well this summer. Enjoy t b e cooler temperatures!!--- I am almost ready for Fall!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, your flowers and produce look fantastic, and that tomato, yum! We have been having a lot of tomato, cucumber and alfalfa sprout sandwiches on wheat bread lately. My fave of choice right now. But I could eat tomato sandwiches all on their own :), especially home grown ones! Ours were bought at the store but from a local farmer, closest to homegrown I suppose, but not quite :) Still excellent though.

Linda said...

Oh, that tomato!!! I know it was delicious! I am dreading going back to the Texas heat!

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that tomato is huge. I am glad the weather is going to be cooler this weekend. Your wildflower garden looks pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Leanne Coppola said...

HOLY TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ok, I am not sure which I like better, that huge tomato or the beautiful flowers. That tomato sure makes me want a tomato sandwich. Yum!

Marie Smith said...

It is cooler here too. yay! Enjoy!

Angie said...

Debbie - it has been hot in Montana, but generally we do not have humidity, so it is quite comfortable in the shade even on hot days. Your flowers are gorgeous, and what I wouldn't give for one of those tomatoes, still warm from the sun. Have a great weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

Your yard looks lovely. And great job with the vegetables. Hubby tried last year and most of it didn't grow. Our temps have been unbelievably high too.
I mostly stay indoors right now. I'm just happy that tomorrow is supposed to be nice weather for our granddaughter's collage graduation.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful flowers.

Conniecrafter said...

that is sad when it is too hot to even use your pool, I am glad that you have had some relief and it sounds like a perfect day to me. your wildflowers are so pretty!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That's a huge tomato! 92 is a bit warm for a pool but anything would feel good when it is over 100!

Rian said...

We love BLT's too! That tomato plant... and tomato is huge!

The Furry Gnome said...

What tomatoes!

DrumMajor said...

Your flowers are beautiful and so refreshing! Get a few bags of ice from the store and throw them into your pool. Then you can have a refreshing swim. But hurry! Linda in Kansas

LeAnn said...

Debbie, you have such a beautiful pool. It does look refreshing. We had a pool in Vegas and it was hot there, so I know what a hot pool is like, and it is not refreshing.
Your Tomatoes are beautiful. You do have some very large plants. I covet your garden this year.
The wildflowers are spectacular. I must plant some next year.
Thanks for sharing all this beauty.
Blessings and hugs!