Thursday, August 18, 2022

It's The Little Things, Right?!

 Summertime sings with a lot of lovely little things...

This is the first Black Swallowtail Butterfly,
that went from caterpillar to butterfly during this season.
Welcome little Miss!

This was the best BLT I have ever eaten.
I toasted the ciabatta bread lightly, all the ingredients were fresh and it was delicious.
The french fries were pretty awesome too,
we like them dipped in thousand island dressing.

My tomato plants are really providing a lot of fruit, and they have been so delicious!

A toasted Corn Muffin is the best way to start the day...
especially when it is toasted by the hubs.

Tithonia
This plant in my wildflower garden has produced several very large flowers.
Tithonia is a genus of flowering plants in the sunflower tribe within the family Asteraceae.

When the hubs was watering yesterday, he spotted 2,

Flower-Of-An-Hour
Hibiscus trionum, commonly called flower-of-an-hour, bladder hibiscus, 
bladder ketmia or bladder weed.
It blooms for only one hour.

This is how the above flower looks right before it opens.

But the hubs was lucky enough to see them open, 
he called me from his cell phone so I could come out and see them too.
We only had an hour to view them.


Looking up and seeing clouds like this, so pretty and interesting!



I have vases of Hydrangea scattered about the house,
they look so beautiful.

My Hydrangeas have been super generous this year!

- sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart -  

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your flowers are beautiful, I love the hydrangea. Pretty butterfly capture.
Your BLT and all the tomatoes look yummy. Pretty sky captures.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

You are so right that it is the little things but oh those Hydrangeas are just gorgeous.

Marie Smith said...

I have never seen flower of an hour. So pretty. Thank you!

Rian said...

Welcome to your first Black Swallowtail of the season! And your flowers are beautiful. The flower of the hour sounds a bit like the Night Blooming Cereus which only blooms at night and is gone by morning... and gives off the most wonderful scent. Also we love BLT's... especially when the tomatoes are fresh and tasty. Creole tomatoes were wonderful when we were growing up in N.O.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Maybe it is the little things, but each little thing becomes important when they are as beautiful as these pictures.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

It was a pleasure to visit you after my short unexpected blog break. I love a post full of happy little things. Welcome to the beautiful butterfly and that BLT....!
Thanks for the smile, Debbie!


-Soma

Susie said...

Debbie, Once I read a quip that said, look to the small things , for one day they will be the big things. Now as I am older, I understand. All the tiny moments in my youth seem like a blessed memory now. I think of just a lunch years ago with my mother. I recall how we laugh and truly enjoyed our time. Mommy is gone now many years and that memory makes me smile . It's good to remember . I truly love your butterflies and flowers. Thank you for helping with butterflies...it means a lot to me. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Conniecrafter said...

oh she is a beauty!! I love thousand Island for my salad but I make a little combo of Hellmanns mayo with ketchup and oh my is that good fry sauce, we learned that when living in Idaho.
I still have not tried toasted corn muffins but it looks good. your flowera are gorgeous and it looks like you have a nice variety of them. Don't you just love when the clouds are all puffy like that, I like watching them change shapes as they move.