Monday, May 2, 2022

A Little Of This...

  I have been busy...occupying myself with odd projects and crafts.

One project I am still working on, organizing the greeting cards I have received over the years.
This is not the first time I have worked on this project.

Above is the way I previously organized the cards and I really like them this way.
Two binder rings with ribbons tied on them.
I keep them out on the coffee table now and I have found them to be real dust collectors.
Prior, they have been stored in a huge chest forever and when in that chest I never look at them.
What's the purpose in saving them?
For those pictured above,
I started with Valentines Day for each set and I was able to collect 6 years in each group.
2007 - 2013 is on the left, 2014 - 2020 is on the right.

I saw these smaller notebooks from Target on a post on Pinterest,
I thought they would be great for organizing the cards and would keep them dust free.
They did not have them on-line so I went "shopping" in Target 
(add in joyful music and happy dancing) 
and they had a small selection of them in the store.


I used the pink one for cards from the hubs,
2003 - 2006
And I included all the cards I had from when we were dating, they fit perfectly.

I got rid of everything from 2003 and beyond, it broke my heart but it had to be done.
I kept all of the cards from when we were dating.

This blue binder was to be for the cards Michael sends me, Scott is not a card person.
They are all 5 x 7 ish, a little small for the binder, 
I decided to just keep them contained in the two rings, and tie ribbons around them.
These are all from Mike from 2017 - 2021, Mothers Day & my Birthday.
Everything before that is in the blue scrapbook pictured below.
He often sends two cards for each holiday, one sweet, loving mushy card and one funny card.
He sends the best cards.

This Creative Memories Scrapbook holds all of the cards the kids gave me since they were born, 
and Mike's up until 2016.

inside looks like this.

I think my card organizing is done.

I am also trying to organize the images on my computer, 
putting them into folders and deleting those that are not worth keeping.
- does this sound familiar? familiar like a broken record, right -
When I started up this time/again, this is an ongoing mission to get my pictures organized,
I had 37,862 pictures on my computer and very little storage left.
After about two months, I have reached April of 2020 and I have 24,945.
I have 2 years to go, it may not sound like a lot, but trust me, it is!

I have been knitting a little less, but knitting just the same and this is almost done.
This is the third Northwind Cowl I have knitted 
I used Berroco Vintage Yarn 
Machine washable, but I would hand wash this...it is 52% Acrylic, 40% Wool and 8% Nylon
Each section is different, my favorite, the snowflakes at the top which is actually the bottom.

Here is the first one I made, washed and blocked, you can see the design better,
and the color in this image is more accurate.

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is a cute way of keeping your lovely cards stored. I love the cowl, what a pretty color yarn. Take care, enjoy your new week ahead.

Marie Smith said...

Your knitting is so beautiful, Debbie.

I have 89,000+ photos on the computer, with 10,000 on my IPad alone. I have been whittling away at those on the IPad cause I don’t want to have to buy a new one because this one crashes. We recently transferred the 89,000+ to a new cloud as the old one crashed but we had back-up.

Rian said...

I would love to organize all the thousand of pictures (and delete some), but there are so many and on both our old desk top and more on our laptop (may have some on some flash drives too). It's too overwhelming a job... but I love going back through them and reminiscing. What to do? I'd hate for them to be lost.
As for your cards, that's a great idea too. I have boxes of cards from hubby and kids that I just can't throw away. Too many projects and too little time.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to organize your things. Everything looks so neat and in its place.
Marilyn

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The new cowl is beautiful. Great idea with having the cards around. I can imagine looking at them makes you feel really happy. Don't even remind me about organising photos!! I will get to them...one day.

-Soma

Linda said...

I am fascinated by your card keeping! I received in the mail today a beautiful scrapbooking creation a friend made by using some of my Facebook photos. It is an absolute work of art! I teared up when I saw it.
I'll be taking pictures and sharing it tomorrow on my journal post.

I've been going through cards myself! Boxes and boxes of cards, I have all the ones that Lillian received plus so many cards from so many years. If there is no writing on the back of the front side of the card, I cut it and am using just that as a card and sending it - sometimes to the same person who sent it to Lillian. I also use some of the card fronts when I send gifts or give food items.

I love the way you use yours!!!