Friday, May 6, 2022

The Carousel At Pier Village

One of my favorite childhood memories are riding carousels on the boardwalk at 
The Jersey Shore.
Carousels have a long history here,  
since as early as 1909, there has always been a carousel at the pier in Long Branch, NJ
The pier and carousel were destroyed by a storm in 1944, then only two remained at the Jersey Shore.
In 1970 new interest developed in the carousels of yesteryear 
 and this hand carved carousel was unveiled in 1999 at the rebuilt pier at Pier Village.
As you can see from the photographs, not only can you ride a horse but also sea themed animals,
like a dolphin, a fish, a pelican, a sea horse and more.











- uninvited guest -


- the paintings atop the carousel are sea themed, colorful and show the kite festival we just attended here -


I have turned the comments off, until I get my computer problems resolved,
there are too many blogs I cannot comment on!