Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday Critters ~ 148 ~

I have been ignoring my yard birds, have you noticed?
I know you are shaking your head, saying yes...it is true, she has been.

Between the hubs and I, we keep the feeders full,
and just yesterday Chuck washed and filled the bird bath.
But we have been so busy living life 
that I have not had as much time at the window taking pictures of them.
I was thinking about it yesterday, 
the hubs was out so I spent a little time at the window with my feathered friends.
Everyone was happy, especially me...I enjoyed the time, my camera and me!

This Male Cardinal hung around for a while 
and was easy to photograph, which is not usually the case.
He was friendly and curious!


Same thing goes for the Male Downey Woodpecker,
usually very skittish, this guy stayed and posed for quite a while.


I had no trouble photographing the White Breasted Nuthatch
and although my bird book says they are here year long,
I have not seen one all summer.


The Tufted Titmouse are here year round and often sit in this popular tree and sing.


Another year round visitor the Chickadees are easy to photograph!


A not so great image of the Female House Finch


This is my tale-less Carolina Wren


Maybe you can see his tale-less situation a little better here.


This is a Yellow -Rumped Warbler
I only see this bird in Fall and Winter and his yellow spots become more vibrant in Winter.

Sharing some of my favorite yard bird images taken yesterday with

27 comments:

Екатерина Балагурова said...

So cute birds!! Great shots!!

rainfield61 said...

You have many birds by your window.

Your window looks more interesting than the Windows.

rainfield61 said...

But I need Windows in order to see your window.

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful shots! several are stunning! the cardinal...adorable titmouse...sweet wren.

Anonymous said...

You always manage to get some great shots. I tend to neglect my feeders during the summer, but now that the colder weather is coming, I need to keep on top of things. Who could resist those adorable bird faces?

Changes in the wind said...

Beautiful pictures and my favorite is the first one...even caught the crumbs:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie. Your bird photos are beautiful. I love them all, you see a nice variety in your yard. Thank you for linking up and sharing you post! Happy Saturday, have a great weekend!

Christine said...

Wow, Debbie! These are just fabulous photos of your bird friends! Glad even the male Cardinal was good enough to pose for you!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

love them all...but funny noises come from my head when I see titmouse and chickadees.

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Beautiful series of photos....love the cardinal, such a cheerful winter colour!

21 Wits said...

Yep, you are the finder of lovely gems! I can almost hear their song. Beautiful captures Debbie.

Brian King said...

Awesome! Such beautiful photos! I wish the nuthatches would visit my feeders, but I've never seen one. And you're right about the male cardinals...rather skittish.

Karen Lakis said...

Beautiful birds! I don't see many cardinals, but we do seem to have nuthatches year round. And I love the woodpeckers!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice pics. We have cardinals, chickadees (I hear one right now out the window). Glad to see your warbler, I have only seen two this year but hoping for more. Take care.

carol l mckenna said...

Magnificent bird photography ~ Wondering what lens you use to capture them so well ~ thanks!

Wishing you a special week ~ ^_^

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you took the time to get some bird photos.These are fantastic.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful and colourful birds every one of them.
Fabulous photo's.

All the best Jan

Laura. M said...

Wooowww ... that wonderful photo Debbie. They are fantastic. Birds are all beautiful.
Good Sunday :))
Besos.

The Furry Gnome said...

Excellent pictures as always!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

fabulous shots of your garden birds Debbie

baili said...

wow your lenses are outstanding dear.
reminded me the times when we shifted in our new home with little gardens and my hubby used be absent in evening teas then i used to share my evenings with my garden friends .
but unlike you i could not capture them as beautifully .
thank you for sharing the pleasure dear

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wonderful are your birds
Debbie, your photos are fantastic as always.
Happy Sunday :)
Lucja

Conniecrafter said...

Just Beautiful, I do love your bird pictures and these are just amazing, I love the way the sun light is on them in just places giving you the shadows too, even looks great on the leaves too, so glad you had a fun time with your camera and the wonderful assortment of birds you had come visit!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh i'm so envious! I do miss my yardbirds that we had when we lived out at the Lake .... Thank you for sharing yours (and we never did have that many different kinds!).

LeAnn said...

Your yard birds are spectacular. I am amazed at the variety of birds that you were able to get photos of. You got some great poses from these birds. Any reason for the absence of the tail on the Carolina Wren? Sending hugs your way~

Jenn Jilks said...

Aw! You folks farther south get so many precious birdies!!!

Anonymous said...

Our birds always seem to be busy somewhere else in October. I saw our first Yellow-rumped warblers this week. It won't be long until our other wintering buddies return. Your pictures are fantastic!