Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hang It Up...

I have been working on another project beside my Guernsey Wrap...
were you thinking about the wrap today?
Wednesday is Yarn Along day and once again I have not finished my wrap.
I purchased the correct amount of yarn for the project but ran out with 10 rows to go.
The yarn shop I purchased it from has been closed because everyone was at 
The Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck.
She opened back up yesterday, the hubs took me, so I am back in business.

So back to my "Hang It" project...
Lately, I have been redecorating my walls.
Taking down meaningless art work and replacing it with my own images.
Every picture takes me back to a time and place...or evokes a very special memory.

Picking the pictures I would use was extremely difficult.
I have thousands of images that could be displayed 
but for one reason or another, these made the cut.

The total grouping!

Right side...

Left side...

From a distance, 
it makes a pretty big statement.
In this last picture, looking to the right hand wall, 
you can see there is another grouping I did a few years ago!!
The frames came from Pottery Barn, I purchased them on line - on sale.
The cluster of 9 frames are attached, making them very easy to hang.
I will be adding to the grouping, but I was excited to share with you guys the look I have now.

25 comments:

Judy said...

WOW!!!! So lovely AND---I am really impressed with that stairway!!!

Sally said...

May I just say GORGEOUS!
Absolutely beautiful. :)

xoxo

Farm Girl said...

That looks so awesome Debbie. I really like your stairway too. I don't have any pictures up in my house right now. It looks pretty bare.
You did a really great job. I have always loved your photography.

DeniseinVA said...

Fantastic choices of your photos Debbie and love those frames too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's very cool.I too,prefer to see my own pictures on my walls,or those taken by my Hubby or son.

Anonymous said...

I love how that looks. I might have to borrow that idea from you - the frame groupings. Honestly, I have SO MANY photos already framed but nowhere to hang them. And just the process of picking the ones to display is hard enough. Nice job. It looks great, as does your house.

Debbie said...

the stairway is impressive but very dated. we built the house in 1983 and it is one part of the entry way that i would love to change. BUT it would be a huge project and it is so well built and in excellent condition so i think it will be here as long as i am!!! it was the style back then!!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love your gallery, Debbie! The photos you have framed are wonderful and the colors are amazing. It all looks so beautiful on your gorgeous stairway walls! Sending hugs xo Karen

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie
I love your ideas.
Frames look fantastic. I like them very much.
Greetings.
Lucja

Bev said...

You did a great job!!...Looks super!!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

wow! Nice job. Kudos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debiie! The picture groupings and frames look beautiful. You did a great job. I hope you are having a great day!

Brian King said...

Fantastic idea and wonderful photos! Definitely wall hangers!

Unknown said...

Debbie, this is just wonderful!!!!
Beautifully done, and I love those frames. xo.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the look of the picture groupings - a very good idea.

All the best Jan

IanH said...

Very, very nice! It's funny, but I have been doing the same thing. It is very hard to narrow down 25,000 images to just 15 or so.

TexWisGirl said...

they're very beautiful!

The Furry Gnome said...

Debbie, that's a beautiful arrangement of your photos!, That's really inspiring.

Small Kucing said...

You have very good eyes, Debbie. I tried grouping but some how it looks weird when I do it . Guess am not much of a decorator

Gail said...

I understand why they made the cut. These are stunning. We should all take a lesson from you and surround ourselves with only things we love.

BeachGypsy said...

I love it! You're a great photographer and those all look great. I see alot of blue and yellow, you must like those colors as well as purple? Or maybe they are really purple and just look blue to me here. Anyway...it looks great and its so much better to have pretty pictures up that you have a real memory with, instead of things that don't mean anything to you.

Unknown said...

I always love when people tell a story on their walls, Debbie! Lovely!!!

Cathy H. said...

Love this! The white frames accent your photos beautifully!

Jenn Jilks said...

How decorative!

Ida said...

What a great idea. I need to do that with some of my photos. Yours look wonderful.