Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Yarn Along!!

It snowed at the Jersey Shore...
hehehe, I know you know that, hehehe!!
Point being, you would think that I got a lot of knitting done, I didn't.
I did knit some but as I look back, not that much.
I don't know what I have been doing...
some work, a "little" cleaning, cooking...but seriously,
I'm not really sure what I do.
I water the plants, I planted some herbs, I framed some pictures,
I took some pictures...
it all adds up to a whole lot of, not much.
I only put the t.v. on at night, never during the day.
I am always busy, I have been home since Thursday and I don't 
have much to show for it.


I started this 400 Yard Scarf last Tuesday.
It is the second one I have made.
I am using Cascade Yarn...
a blend of Baby Alpaca (70%) and undyed Merino Wool, (30%)
it's a pretty color that will go well with everything.
I'm just making it for who knows who,
I was getting tired of knitting hats.
I really need to move on to bigger and better things,
but when I do, I really struggle and I want knitting to be fun.

I am still reading the same book, zero pages this week,
so I guess that equals, I am not really reading at all.

This week, I vow to binge knit and read more!
Stay tuned!!

I am joining Ginny at Small Things 
for
Yarn Along

18 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

The color is beautiful, Debbie!...:)JP

EG CameraGirl said...

It's easy to do a little of this and a little of that and feel like you haven't done much. But I bet if you stopped doing these things it would soon be obvious what you should have been doing. :) I do like the colour of the scarf.

Nancy Chan said...

A pretty colour that goes well with anything. I have also been doing a bit of this and that but felt like I have not done much. The "to do list" has not gone any shorter.

TexWisGirl said...

i can be a great 'putzer' - spending time with not much to show for it. :)

Alina said...

What a lovely color, such a great natural shade!

bj said...

Guess we all sometimes wonder what the heck we did the entire day..LOL Yesterday was one of those days for me...

Farm Girl said...

I love Wednesdays and your yarn along. You know when there is a storm, I never get much done either. I am always running outside. Or looking out the windows. I think that scarf is lovely. I love that color.
So glad for Wednesday!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Debbie! I have a few started projects too, one is a puzzle. Your scarf looks pretty, I like the color. Enjoy your day!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, Love your knitting project. It's going to be gorgeous in that design and color. I have days like that too, where I feel like I did a lot but didn't accomplish much. I think it's a winter thing!! Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment.
Stay warm and have a great rest of the week. xo

Sally said...

Well, you do more than I do! I love the color of the scarf, Debbie. It's going to be beautiful. :)

xoxo

Amanda said...

Same here. Always busy, so much left undone. I am desperate to plant and start seeds. Too early still. Pretty project. :)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

love the colour of the scarf Debbie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I understand the idea of being busy all day and having little or nothing to show for it. In my case,I think I can blame the computer,you know,blogs to read and Facebook to check. LOL

21 Wits said...

You know how to make your day work in a fun way!

Unknown said...

Aw c'mon, did you really get all of that done???
I think you were out playing in the snow the whole time! :-)
I love the pattern and color of this scarf, Debbie.

Bonnie said...

Sounds to me like you accomplished a lot! Everything be done with joy. If it is a struggle put it down for another time. Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Looking great, love that pattern and it is always nice to have those pieces that will go with whatever your wearing. As long as your enjoying your days I don't think it matters if we have anything to show for them. Here's to more days of much of nothing ;)

LeAnn said...

I loved the picture of your latest knitting project. I can relate to doing a lot of things in a week but not getting much done. How do we do this. I hope you have fun knitting and reading. I know you are good at doing things you love. Blessiings!