Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Yarn Along

I finished my blue Donnie's Hat
I only had a few rows to go last week so no surprise there.
I also got the pom-pom made and attached...so it is done-done,
I just want to make some tags for it.

This hat's destination...
each girl from our knitting group will contribute one item for a basket
Leanne is putting together. 
It will be our contribution for a fund raiser for her son's baseball team,
to help with the expenses for their trip to Williamsport this year.
How exciting!!

I am still reading,
"Seriously Mum, What's an Alpaca"
Slow and steady, re-reading pages when necessary...
so far I am really enjoying it and I am so proud to say that I am reading again.
I started a new project, a 400 yard scarf, 
will share an image of that next week!

Here's a picture p.s. on how to make a pom-pom with a fork,
it's super easy and they turn out great!


I use our large meat fork...


wrap it around 50 + times...


thread an additional piece of yarn around the pom-pom,
then through the center opening of the meat fork.

Tie tightly, knot...


cut the loops while it is still on the fork, I find that to be easier.
Slide it off, easy, peasy.


Pom-pom haircut, trim it up... 
don't go crazy, it will never be perfect, just pretty...
 this method works for me, every. single. time.

I am joining Ginny at Small Things 
for
Yarn Along

27 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Hey ... I never knew forks could be used for that!!! Good idea though, and that hat looks great.

All the best Jan

Small Kucing said...

Yup ..i did that too. Used a fork.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Debbie.. The hat is pretty and thanks for sharing how to do a pom-pom. Neat use for a fork. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Kilroy

The Furry Gnome said...

Hey, that's neat! So simple but looks so good!

Changes in the wind said...

Looks great!

TexWisGirl said...

the hat turned out great!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie!:) It looks lovely, and I enjoyed seeing how you made the pom-pom.

Beate said...

The Blue Donnie's Hat is amazing! Awesome job! And what a fantastic idea to make a pom-pom. I'll have to remember that! :)
I love that you made this hat for a fundraiser.

Have a fabulous day, Debbie :)
Hugs to you,
Beate

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a beautiful hat! I love the tutorial on making a pom-pom. Isn't it great to find easy ways to make things look awesome... you certainly did just that :) Hoping you get your snow this weekend :)

Laura. M said...

Very interesting, Debbie, I do otherwise :))
Besos.

Farm Girl said...

Oh my gosh Debbie, I remember learning how to make pom-poms but it wasn't till I saw your pictures it made me remember. gosh that was long, long ago. :) Your hat is wonderful so glad you are reading your book. I always love reading your yarn along posts. I love that color and I love the idea of the basket.
Have a lovely day.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie!
Cute cap and tassel very resourceful.
Greetings.

Nancy Chan said...

Great idea and so easy to use a fork to make pom pom. So good of you and friends to contribute to the basket for the young man's team.

21 Wits said...

The book sounds interesting, and this is really coming along. Great idea with the fork.

Adrienne said...

Once again - LOVE your choice of yarn color! And fun pom-pom tutorial!

Sally said...

That hat is so beautiful, Debbie. And, I'm glad to hear you're reading again. Sometimes, it's difficult to get
back into but oh how wonderful when we do. :)

xoxo

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Debbie, you are a genius!...:)JP

Brian King said...

Good looking hat! My daughter wore one of hers to church the other night - it was nasty cold!

Michelle said...

That is a great looking hat and I love your pom-pom trick!

JOAN B said...

I finally got my act together and found you! And of course you did not disappoint, love your hat and pom-pom maker. Hugs, Joan B from the knit group at Arrow Acres.

LeAnn said...

As I have said before I love this hat and who knew that was how to make a Pom Pom; amazing. It should do well In a fund raiser. Be fore to share a little more detail on the book you are reading; the title is interesting. Have a blessed day dear friend!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, Debbie!
You are truly amazing.
Love that little pom pom! :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

How brilliant!!!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

very clever Debbie

Cathy H. said...

Lovely hat! I wondered how you got such a nice fluffy pom-pom. Thanks for the instructions!

Debbie said...

hi joan, i am so happy to see you here but i do like knitting with you better. i'm glad you got to see this post, i always have so much fun knitting with the group. i look forward to seeing you soon!!!!