Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Seeds...Planted with Love!!

I love fresh vegetables in Summer.
Barlows Garden Center has beautiful vegetables in pots...
you know, the ones that give you a head start in Spring.
We have had so much luck with those,
but I have always felt it was so much more rewarding to start with seeds.

Last year, my "garden on the deck" was nothing short of amazing!
I purchased all my plants at Barlow's
and it was a huge success.

In past years, I have started my garden indoors...
and that's what I am doing again this year.
I added carrots to the mix this season,
we eat a lot of carrots, so I am excited to eat the homegrown variety.

I used these Jiffy Pots...

when it's time to transplant,
these can be planted, pot and all, into the ground or
into one of my large pots on the deck.
  
I picked this up on my recent trip to Barlows,
until I have flowers from my garden,
the Jiffy Pots fit perfectly in the glass vases provided.

 Cucumbers, Carrots and Tomatoes

  I planted three extra pots of tomatoes,
because one can never have too many tomatoes in Summer.

I have a great spot in my family room for everything.
It get's a good amount of sun and is right next to the herb garden.

My son's girlfriend bought me the Hyacinth for Easter,
boy, peeps really know what I like!!

Sharing today's entry with
Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose
Stop by and say Hi!! 
There are lot's are very talented and creative people there!!

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, looks like your garden is off to a great start.. I love tomatoes and carrots.. YUM! Your Easter Hyacinth is pretty.. Have a happy Tuesday!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'll never have a garden, with my three dogs (45, 75, 90 lbs). Sigh

Bethany Carson said...

The hyacinth is gorgeous! All the best in your gardening! We've recently been working on getting our vegetables in as well.

TexWisGirl said...

a lovely gift from her! and good luck to your seedlings. :)

Michelle said...

You are right, never too many tomatoes :)

Muffie said...

I love home grown vegetables, and I'm looking forward to planting some soon.

21 Wits said...

Garden delights for sure. I have to laugh at Mac's comment...bark! Bark! I made each of my grand-daughter's Lyra and Karina their own little flower planter with flowers make from the letters in their name! Of course it was with the help of the Easter Bunny you know!

Sally said...

How wonderful to have the pots you can plant in the ground later. Sure wish I was as industrious as you are, Debbie. :)

xoxo

EG CameraGirl said...

I love how excited I feel when seeds begin to sprout. I hope your garden does as well this year as it did last year!

LeAnn said...

After this awesome post and last years successful deck garden; I am going to see if I can get my husband to help me do this. I love the idea. At our age I just don't think I want a huge garden.
Blessings and hugs!

Gail Dixon said...

This looks super easy. Maybe even I could do it! The purple hyacinths are really pretty. Hope you have a great week.

karen said...

I hope these little seedlings give you an abundance of vegetables. I love the sweet smell of Hyacinth.

Debbie said...

fingers crossed...i will buy a few things at barlows as well!!!

Brian King said...

I look forward to the "after" photos! :-)

Farm Girl said...

They look wonderful I love that cool basket you are in and the flowers are just lovely.

Ida said...

You amaze me with your resourcefulness at growing your own veggies. I guess I'm (lazy) as I prefer to just buy them at the Farmers market. I love your pretty Hyacyinth.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Nice Debbie! I was actually thinking about doing the same thing today. I so want to get an early start.

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable little mesh holder. Looks like you're off to a good start!

A Colorful World said...

Good luck with your veggies! I have some tomato plants and a couple of basil, but that's it. I'm really praying I actually harvest a single tomato this year (actually many single tomatoes!) because every year the heat gets my tomato plants! You can bet they are getting babied this year!!!