Saturday, May 4, 2024

Saturday Critters #542

I have been spending some quality time by the open window in my office.
Not working...
it has been warm and the leaves are still sparse. 
Soon, the trees will be filled with leaves making it difficult to photograph the birds. 


The first picture was my favorite.
The second picture is of the same male cardinal, after he flew about 50 feet away...
I think he was the brightest cardinal I have ever seen.


Male House Finch

Yellow Rumped Warbler
A winter bird for me but I saw this bird and took this picture on April 28th.
I was surprised I was still seeing them.

Mockingbird

Song Sparrow


Catbird
My Catbirds returned from their winter vacation on May 1st, right on schedule.
They remembered their food source well and I am feeding at least a dozen right now.
This picture is for you "T", I know they are your favorites!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

16 comments:

Linda said...

Such gorgeous birds right outside your window!

The Furry Gnome said...

One of these days a bird is going to come right in your open window, they are so close!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

Your birds are looking beautiful, great shots out the open window!
My favorites are the Yellow-rumped warbler and I love the Catbirds.
I have been hearing them around my yard too.
Thank you for your critter link and comment.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend. PS I appreciate your comment.

RedPat said...

I always love to hear the little Song Sparrows. The Cardinals have been singing up a storm here this week and looking so red!

Debbie said...

fg...you are right!! i am so close and one of this days it's going to happen!!

acorn hollow said...

wow amazing pictures and what an assortment of birds
Cathy

Lydia C. Lee said...

So pretty and delicate...lovely #Saturdaycritters

TexWisGirl said...

SOoooooo beautiful!!! LOVE!

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photographs Debbie.
Have a lovely weekend.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We do not have a single one of those birds in our area!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
I don't believe I have seen the Yellow-rumped Warbler before, and what a darling little bird it is. The Catbird is my favourite bird too..=) I once went to find out why it was named Catbird and it seems it's call resembles a cat's mewing. You probably know this already Debbie, but did you know it's a mimic, and can even mimic the sounds of a frog. An amazing bird but very special, just like your photos.

Penelope Notes said...

Wow ... some of these bird shots are so exquisitely clear I can almost touch the feathers. :)

Shiju Sugunan said...

Lovely birdwatching break! Thanks for sharing the stunning pics!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I wish I had your living breathing flying view out of my "office" window (this is a tiny home -- here at the Canal Cottage tooms do double duty). Great pictures of wonderful birds. I'm glad the warbler was late getting away --such a darling songbird.

DeniseinVA said...

Incredible photos Debbie! All beautiful birds!

Conniecrafter said...

I love when their feathers fluff our from their head. The cat bird is so pretty. I saw a new one today but haven't had time to look it up in my bird book yet. We had two hummingbirds right after I put up the feeder and haven't seen them in the past couple days.