Friday, January 14, 2022

The Secret Is Keeping Busy & Loving What You Do


I have been coloring again, a craft I enjoy immensely.
This is my latest piece...
I am not much of an artist, so these coloring projects are perfect for me.
When complete, I feel quite accomplished.

The butterfly is colored to resemble the black swallowtail butterflies I raise in the summer.
I have about 50 in chrysalis, overwintering in cages in my garage.
It will be very exciting to watch them emerge, and I wait with great anticipation.


Next up on the knitting needles is this Northwind Cowl
I have the pattern, and the yarn, I am waiting on Amazon for the circular needle.
The delivery continues to be delayed and I am excited to get started on this new project.


Yesterday, 
I made this big bowl of Pasta Salad that we will use for lunches and snacks for the next few days.


I made this big pot of soup on Monday...
Italian Meatball & Orzo Soup
My friend Leanne had been raving about it and it did not disappoint, it was delicious.
If you are interested in the recipe, it can be found here.


I made more Christmas butter cookies on Saturday.
House rules, 
we must have homemade butter cookies to eat with our hot chocolate when we drive to look at  
Christmas Lights 
We needed them for the Christmas light display at Great Adventure.

Don't forget to start saving your eggshells, spring gardening season will be here before you know it.

Look at the Paper Whites I planted on New Years Day...
The tallest shoots are about 12 inches tall 
and I can see flowers beginning to form in the shoots.

- keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself -

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The cowl scarf looks very pretty. Your pasta salad, soup and the cookies all look yummy.
I would like to try growing the paperwhites, but my house does not get enough sunshine.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

Marie Smith said...

I started back colouring too. It is so relaxing. Wish I could knit too! I have a hyacinth growing in water on the windowsill. The soup looks delicious. Such a wonderful comfort food. We are sworn off sweets now that Christmas is past. The photos are super as usual, Debbie.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are very creative and artistic! I love doing this but forgot about it. I'll get something out today to color! Stay warm!

R's Rue said...

Your blog post made me smile. Thank you.

Rian said...

Me too... smiling, that is. I have a question for you, Debbie... What size veg trug do you have? They seem to have several sizes at Wayfair. You can answer me here, or on my blog, or by email. Thanks

Debbie said...

this is the one i ordered, i have 2 of them. i think the measurement should be included in the description!!

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/vegtrug-wood-elevated-planter-ulpc1003.html

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie,:=) My, your Paper Whites have grown so much. Egg shells to add to the soil I presume! For the purpose of keeping snails at bay, or just nutrition for the soil! The Italian soup and meat balls look delicious, The cowl has a lovely pattern. I wear them even inside the house to keep my neck warm. The post is delayed these days here in Portugal. I'm not familiar with the colouring craft, but the card looks lovely. You are right, doing the things you love to do, and keeping busy is what makes me happy, and never bored. Great Post Debbie.

Debbie said...

if not, let me know and the hubs will go out and measure it. no problem at all!!

Black Knight said...

You are an artist, brava!
Pasta salad and soup are fabulous!
Have a wonderful week end.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Debbie, you always find something fun and beautiful to do. Keep on enjoying these things and sharing them here.

Conniecrafter said...

Your coloring on that is great, would make a great card :) Hope you get your needles soon, we ordered a Christmas tree bag and it didn't ship after a week, so we canceled the order and hubby ended up using bungee cords to keep the box together.
I usually make those cookies for us around Christmas but didn't get to them this year.
Wow your plant is huge, they will be great when they bloom!

Bev said...

WOW... you have been busy!! You are so right!! Keeping busy doing what you love!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my I think I am going to need to try that soup. Wonderful job coloring that image. It is so details and you have done a beautiful job coloring it.

Lowcarb team member said...

The Paper Whites are doing well, and I do like your colouring, it's a relaxing hobby.

All the best Jan