Friday, January 7, 2022

Puzzels - Games and Knitting, oh my

 I adore puzzles, but I don't like doing them alone...
I enjoy the company of the family working together much more than the actual act of puzzle making itself.
I must admit that I am the only person in this house that really enjoys puzzles, the others humor me.

Over Christmas week we had fun with this puzzle.
I usually pick a Christmas or Snow Scene, 
but I thought this would be a fun, colorful change, and it was.
 
I love games...we have a few favorites in this house,
Racko, Scattorgories and Banana Grams

Over Christmas we played these Christmas themed games.
We played them last year but neither of us could remember the answers.
The silver lining to being old and having a terrible memory.

The daytime skies have been so interesting of late.
I have shared many beautiful sunsets, but looking up during the day has been quite beautiful as well.
I have so many pictures that are similar to this.
 I always seem to notice the sky, and can't help myself but to take a photograph.

I keep forgetting to share this picture my neighbor Jennifer sent to me...

...her three amazing kids wearing the items I knitted for them for Christmas!
Wesley, Marcella and Celia

I am so grateful for my hobbies, 
they keep me busy while indoors for winter and while trying to isolate a little because of Covid.

I have been watching videos on how to make paper, it is such an interesting process...
and you can add many pretty items like flower pedals to it.

I am trying to learn a few new knitting and crochet stitches for the 
New To You Make Along Challenge I am participating in.

We are expecting snow for early this morning, fingers crossed, pjs inside out!


This is what the house will look like today, if my dream comes true!


- hoping for a snow day -

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Hubby and I have been working on puzzles, playing cards and scrabble. The girls look cute modeling your knitted items. We had a few inches of snow overnight. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Bonnie K said...

What a pretty puzzle. One of my teachers always has a puzzle going on in his classroom. It is freezing here. Love your work. I wish I knew how to knit. Hobbies to make winter pass are always good.

Changes in the wind said...

That would be a fun puzzle with all the different colors. I play a lot of different games on the computer to pass the time but have worn myself out with knitting and etc. but have started reading a series and have enjoyed that. Hope you get the snow you wish for.

Marie Smith said...

We are expecting a storm but my husband and I aren’t thrilled about it. Your enthusiasm makes me look at the snow from the positive perspective too though!

Rian said...

Hi Debbie, we are doing a puzzle here too... it's one with cats in it (of course). I'll try to remember to post a pic on my blog. DH does most of it as it is on the table where he sits to watch sports. I put a piece in here and there as I pass by - but can't just sit and do it for long.
I had to laugh at your comment "The silver lining to being old and having a terrible memory" as I feel the same. I can be watching a movie and DH will say you've already seen this. My comment is that it's OK since I don't remember it, I can enjoy it again.
Hope you have a beautiful snow day. We're cold this morning - 22 degrees out there, but I don't intend to go out there - so it's fine.

R's Rue said...

I hope you get snow. I love a good puzzle.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hey, it’s snowing here right now. I love the snow and the moisture it brings.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to sit and fix puzzles with you. I like doing them alone or with others.

Bev said...

What would we do without hobbies?... Well an update on snow we have gotten snow for three straight days you wouldn’t believe how much snow we have our puppy can’t even walk in it it’s so deep it goes up to almost my knees. I do love it!

Lisa said...

I like doing puzzles and I am with you, I prefer to have family or friends help me with them. I have one going in my living room now that started just before Christmas and because I have not had much company it has largely gone undone. Wow you have a lot of snow already. We have only had a small amount of snowfall but I am sure it will be here soon enough.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope your dream came true!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like that puzzle, it's lovely and colourful.
Lovely photograph of Wesley, Marcella and Celia wearing what you'd knitted, what nice smiles they have.

I do hope you had snow :)
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

That is a colorful puzzle isn't it, we have an Autumn Scene we bought a couple years ago and still haven't done it, guess we have been busy. That sky is gorgeous, I see a beautiful background for a card ;)
That is so neat she sent a picture of them all wearing them, they will remember you making them always.
I sure hope you got the snow you wanted, Amanda sent us a picture of the snow outside her window today.

Debbie said...

it did...stay tuned for pictures!!