Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Yarn Along

It's snowing...pretty, white, tiny snowflakes.
It's not suppose to amount to anything, but it sure is pretty falling from the sky!

On to business, I started one more...


Neapolitan Cowl
This is the last one I will be making,
 when I finish this one, I will have one for each of my nieces for Christmas.
I am using Madelinetosh Hand Dyed Yarn
100% Superwash Merino Wool
dk weight


This pattern is easier knitted with stitch markers 
and I am using these that my friend Robin made for me, in purple of course.

After much dilemma as to which hat to knit, in which my dear friend Liz can attest to,
- and many thanks Liz and Leanne for all your help -
I started another hat as well.


February Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn,
free here on Ravelry.
This will be for my little great nephew Kalmin for Christmas.
He's just a tiny little squat, adorable, of course.


I am using yarn from Arrow Acres Alpaca Farm
3 ply DK
All 7 of the animals pictured on the label contributed to this yarn.
How fun is that to know exactly which animal your yarn came from?



I took a few pictures inside "The Coop" on the farm...












and all of the yummy yarn!!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the pretty yarn and cowl. The hat design is cute. I just love the alpacas, adorable critters. No snow here. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Changes in the wind said...

Snow...a great way to sit and knit:) Such pretty yarn and how would you ever choose a yarn to buy with all that to choose from!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That yarn DOES look so soft and beautiful! What a neat place to shop! Enjoy your day. Stay warm inside. We woke up to a cool breeze so I will be doing housework today! It's about time! hahaha! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I love the yarn for your cowl, those colors are terrific, and how great to be so close to having them all done way before Christmas!! Your family is going to be very warm and cozy this winter, so great you are able to gift them all with your beautiful creations. Love the pattern on that hat too. So neat to see inside the coop, looks like they have all kinds of goodies in there!

Marie Smith said...

I always enjoy your yarns, Debbie!

Kim said...

Just look at that fabulous store! It is overspilling with woolly goodness, isn't it. The yarn for your new cowl is pretty. Enjoy your day knitting whilst those snowflakes softly fall.

BeachGypsy said...

What LUCKY NIECES you have to receive those gifts! ANYONE who receives a hat, scarf, ANYTHING made by you is blessed. They will be treasured I am sure. You make lovely things, and how neat it is to KNOW WHERE your yard came from??--love that. I never even thought such things until you---now I DO THINK UPON IT when i look at my scarves or gloves, hats, etc. I've had to locate them and get them out the past day.....we're actually having awful cold weather here in Charleston. BRRRRRR..... I love your precious post as well...those robin pictures are stunning, truly beautiful. I've looked at them over and over. You sure know how to capture the birds. You should make calendars or something, your pictures are certainly that good.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Gosh I would love to come for a wander with you in that store. In fact to see snow as well, pretty little snowflakes that would be cool too. It's still hot here in Thailand! Your Great Nephew is in for a treat at Christmas, your knitting is amazing!
Have a wonderful day.
Wren x

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful gifts you're making Debbie. Love the stitches in the cowl... and the colours of the wool - really sweet.
Oh the Coop looks incredibly inviting - could spend hours looking through their shelves of goodies xx

Carol Henstra said...

I can use that coat and hat rack big time. Silly me gave mine away years ago. Now I need one As it is a necessity for me at end of the stairs to my Apt in a home. Has lots of space but not for outer clothes. With Winter upon us. Oh love your knitting and the stores. Hunky dory I say.

DeniseinVA said...

Always happy to see your knitting projects. That wool is really beautiful, love the color combination. Great for the season. I also would love to look around the store.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of the yarn.

There are some good looking things in the Coop :)

All the best Jan

Darren Demers said...

All 7 of the animals pictured on the label contributed to this yarn.
cream shawl , crochet shawl , pink shawl , ladies capes and shawls , satin shawl , lace shawl , green shawl , shawl supplier , beaded shawl , paisley shawl , knitted shawl