Friday, May 3, 2019

Yarn Along

Yarn along on Friday this week because I am fun and unpredictable like that!!

I finished my
Neapolitan Cowl
worked with DyeForMe Merino Baby Alpaca Yarn, 
it is a very soft yarn and a joy to work with.
This cowl is a smooth, easy knit...if you can knit and purl, you can master this cowl.

Once it came off the needles and while it is still familiar,
I started another one with the same yarn.
I had 3 skeins of this yarn that I bought to make a sweater and the sweater is not happening.


These Lilac stems are from my Jose Lilac Bush!
This bush blooms 4 times per year, unlike most other Lilacs.


Here is the bush viewing it outdoors, in it's totality,
it is filled with beautiful, healthy blooms.

These Lilacs are especially beautiful...
I always bring in several bunches to fill the house with their amazing fragrance.

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the pretty cowl. Well done. Your lilac blooms are beautiful. Happy Friday, enjoy your day. Have a great weekend!

Sandi said...

Lilacs remind me of Spring and childhood. Lovely!!

Ok, so...I saw Neapolitan and, of course, thought of the ice cream. Why isn't your cowl strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla? Hmm...so I googled. Neapolitan means from Naples. :-)

Changes in the wind said...

Turned out perfect!

Marie Smith said...

The cowl is beautiful. Love that lilac scent!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the lilacs blooms...but oh my...look at your sea glass! It's so rare to find on the beaches we go to. It's a treasure for sure! Enjoy your day!

Farm Girl said...

I would love to have those lilacs! Four times a year? That is awesome.
I love the color of your newest cowl.
Have a lovely Friday.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh, I love those beautiful lilacs.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful lilacs. Have a great weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

The cowl looks terrific, as do your beautiful lilacs. Ours are finally blooming too, I am not sure what kind we have, they look miniature, I will have to try and get some pictures when the sun comes out again, if it does that is. Always nice to bring in fresh flowers to bring nice smells in the home!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, your cowl is lovely and those lilacs, stunning! Great photos Debbie :)

Lady Fi said...

The lilac is wonderful!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love the smell of Lilac Debbie. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kim said...

Your Neopolitan Cowl is beautiful, Debbie, as too are your Lilacs. How fabulous they bloom four times a year. There is nothing quite like the fragrance of Lilacs. Beautiful photos!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I wish you could make your lilac pictures with aroma-vision. Lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your cowl and your Lilac blooms are fabulous.

All the best Jan