Thursday, May 2, 2019

Holland Ridge Farm

opened for it's first tulip festival in 2018,
we were there!
Over 50 acres planted with millions of tulip bulbs for spring viewing,
over 153 acres devoted to farmland, restored barns and farm animals.

- nature grows & nature goes -

The gates have closed now and the tulips are gone,
 but let me take you back in time to how the fields looked on April 25th when we visited.

This sign is so cool,
if you look closely you can see the names of cities and countries,
next to them are how many miles away they are.
London - 3,515 miles, Chicago - 696 miles.
I sat in the Dutch Shoe for a picture, but it tipped over...
need-less-to-say...we did not get a picture in the wooden shoe.

pick n' choose market
Grab a basket and you pick your favorite tulips, one dollar per stem!
They allow you to pick stems from wherever you want!






The little boy on the tractor ride called these "lemons", he was so cute!

This was my favorite tulip, even over the pretty purple ones!





This was my favorite overall display, I liked the variety of color.

They had a tractor hay ride, we did partake, and it was super fun...
and a great way to see all of the tulips!

Dutch shoes for sale, these would be great to plant your tulips in!

Holland Ridge Farm purchased these 2 Alpaca from Arrow Acres Farm,
my farm...well, you know what I mean!

And these 2 peeps had no trouble crouching down for these pictures.
Getting up, 
now that was a "horse of a different color" = a riot!
I did not land in a bed of tulips but it sure was a close call!!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie. Gorgeous tulips and photos. I love the cute shoes and the alpacas. Enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Never see tulips in Florida ... they must not like the heat.

Changes in the wind said...

Your favorite tulip was indeed amazing. Very unusual colors. So much beauty to take in...thanks for sharing.

Marie Smith said...

Your tulips are a month ahead of ours.

Beautiful colours. I love standing amid such a riot of colour!

Great photo of you two.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Coloour as far as the ye can see. MAgnificent Debbie

Laura. M said...

Preciosas fotos Debbie. Estáis muy guapos entre los tulipanes.
Un abrazo.

Sandi said...

Oh, that's wear I left my shoe!

Gorgeous tulips and...and...GASP...alpacas!

Brian King said...

Wow, that place is beautiful! So gorgeous!

LeAnn said...

Of course, my favorites are of the two of you radiating happiness. The photos are spectacular. I would love a pair of those dutch shoes; so cute. I especially loved your fantastic humor or this one. You are a very creative writer.
Blessings and hugs!

italiafinlandia said...

Awesome views! Such a pleasant walk among the tulips...

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my look at all those lovely tulips, I do love the multi colored ones, any flower that has multi colors in them are my favorite :) I so love the picture that you took of the whole farm showing the rows and rows of the flowers, I am always an up close picture taker and I forget to get the whole view. Did you pick and take some home? Sorry about your fall in the shoe, and that last picture of you two bent in the tulips is a good one, you are better than I because I wouldn't have been able to stay down long enough for someone to take my picture, and I probably wouldn't have made it up either. Glad you had another great day out!

Kim said...

Oh, I would've sat among those Tulips for a very long time, Debbie. Remember the days when one jumped up from the ground in a flash. Oh my, gorgeous photos of gorgeous Tulips. I love that you can pick a Tulip for $1. I would've come home with an empty purse. =)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such gorgeous tulips and photographs.

All the best Jan