Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Yarn Along

Last week you may remember that I mentioned a "secret" project that I was working on.
It involved yarn, but it was not knitted.
I was not able to talk details because it was a gift, 
not yet given.
We had our Christmas party for the knitting group on Friday...
and I gifted this "secret wreath" to the "Coop Girls" that I made for them.
The wreath was made with made by me pom-pom's, 
using leftover yarn from past knitting projects, mostly hats.
 I tried to select and use yarns that were purchased at The Coop,
I'm pretty sure all were!

I wish I had gotten a better picture of it, 
I should have hung it on a door and photographed it....
but I am super happy with the way it turned out!
The girls loved it!


I am still working on my Donnie's Hat, making slow progress...
I have not felt much like knitting at night. 

The wheels on the car have not been turning much...and the camera has not seen any action at all.
I'm hoping that will change this week.
 I am not seeing many birds at the feeders - I think it is hawk season!

13 comments:

Sandi said...

What a cute idea!

Love the alpaca yarn. :)

Changes in the wind said...

The wreath is fantastic!! I am sure they were thrilled. Some weeks just slow down and slip by and that is okay.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The wreath is beautiful and I love that big purple mug! Hope you feel good today and have a special day my friend. Hugs, Diane

Michelle said...

Awww...I just love that wreath!

Sally said...

It's beautiful, Debbie! So clever. :)

Feel better!
xoxo

italiafinlandia said...

Wow!... it is so pretty!

Sue (this n that) said...

What a gorgeous gift and so very thoughtfully created ... Debbie, it's lovely and I'm sure the girls would be thrilled.
Your Donnie's hat is coming along beautifully. You'll get there. Pacing yourself when you need to is always best. Hugs xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the wreath looks lovely.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Such a fabulous idea to fashion a wreath with pom poms. It does look fabulous and so much fun. Donnie's hat is progressing; it is looking good. We all need to have those kinda weeks sometime.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

For knitters, that wreath is brilliant Debbie.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness that was a fabulous project to make and to use your leftovers on it too, that's a win win! I bet they got a kick out of it! Like the color on your new hat your working on. Hope you are able to get out there and get more pictures, I know my hubby is going through withdrawals, the weather and timing has not been good for him on his days off. We are seeing less birds too but Greg bought a camera and we see a lot of visits from a black and white cat so we think that maybe the problem, don't know whose cat it is.

Marie Smith said...

Love the wreath, Debbie. I love the pattern of that hat too.

Leanne Coppola said...

We LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! It was so thoughtful of you. My favorite is the one purple pompom :)