Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday Critters ~ 248 ~

When it's time to clean the butterfly house, 
everyone = the caterpillars, charge for the zippered opening and hang out there...
don't ask me why, I have no idea, but it is slightly irritating.

On a totally separate note, 
aren't my sunflowers in the background beautiful?
I picked those up at a farmers market and they look just perfect in the kitchen.
And continuing on the "this has nothing to do with my post",
I love sunflowers but they sure do drop a lot of "crap" on my counter,
I'm sure you have noticed yourself.


Next up is a head count...
I brought 11 little ones inside on September 6th, I now have 10...
Don't ask...I have no idea!



Once I clean the house and put the caterpillars back in,
everyone charges for the fresh dill.



I don't know if you will remember but a butterfly recently emerged that was unable to fly.
I kept it indoors, placed an orange slice and a piece of a butterfly bush in the house,
and hoped for the best.
Yesterday, I noticed it's activity had increased, so I tried releasing it again.
Much to my surprise, it flew, high and strong.
I could not have been happier.

I want to be like a caterpillar, eat a lot, sleep for a while...
and then wake up beautiful.

Sharing today with

17 comments:

Andy said...

You certainly have an interesting hobby.
(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(, ")

Marie Smith said...

Great rescue Debbie. Those caterpillars sure grow big!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is great you take such good care of the caterpillars and butterflies. I do love the sunflowers! Cute post! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks also for the visit and comment on my blog.

Laura. M said...

Wow, how nice they are, Debbie. From become cute butterfly 🦋 🦋
Buen fin de semana.
Besos

Vicki said...

Love your header, my favorite color is purple! I love your photos! My sister's favorite flower is Sunflower.

italiafinlandia said...

What an amazing activity! But those caterpillars are so cute!...

Michelle said...

You are doing such great work!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love reading about your butterfly adventures.

Brian King said...

LOL! Just like kids! Glad to hear your butterfly took off! Guess it just needed a bit of time.

Conniecrafter said...

I love how you went to your beautiful sunflowers :) How special that must have felt to have given that butterfly a little more attention and then it was able to get strong enough to finally go out on his own :) instead of a horse whisperer you will be the butterfly whisperer :) I don't know about the eating and sleeping but your already beautiful!

Kim said...

Oh, I too want to be a butterfly. So happy your little critter that could not fly now can. Magic hovers in your home, Debbie.

LeAnn said...

Wow, I think I want to be like a caterpillar too; sleep, eat and wake up beautiful; prefect.
I think it fascinating learning about what the caterpillars go for. You are amazing at nurturing them. I am happy to hear that your beautiful butterfly was able to take flight.
Yes, your Sunflowers are lovely. I do know about the mess thing.
Loving thoughts and hugs for you!

Changes in the wind said...

Maybe your blog should be called "The butterfly lady". You are so patient and kind to them.

Pam said...

I love that you do this...raising and helping the butterflies to produce! Great job. Great pics.

Angie said...

I can't get over the shots of the caterpillars on the white background with the dill - stunning in their simplicity and beauty. and this quote from you is amazing ' "I want to be like a caterpillar, eat a lot, sleep for a while...
and then wake up beautiful." Right on!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh I'm so happy that the one butterfly was able to fly away! You are an amazing nurturer. Loved seeing all the caterpillars, and must admit I never even thought about the effort involved in keeping their house clean. The picture with the sunflowers in the background ... they are my favorite flowers probably ... well, one of them anyway... all the bouquets of any flower that I bring home from the Farmers market leave seeds and petals on the counter or table or wherever I put them. But worth it!

sandyland said...

gorgeous photos