Sunday, October 19, 2014

the committed pig

I have a new favorite eatery...
do you remember that awesome lunch I talked about on Sunday?
 
 It was here...
 
 the committed pig
 
When you walk in you see this...the place is packed.
There's a reason, the food is awesome!

 When you look up, you see this.
 
On the wall you see this...
"the chicken is involved but the pig is committed.
which one are you"?

 There was not one thing I did not Love about this place.

 Cute, cute, cute...

 I ordered grilled cheese and soup...
I have never ordered grilled cheese in a restaurant before...
this was so good, so crisp, so many cheeses...
there are no words to describe it.
And those cute little serving trays...adorable!

 Chuck ordered a burger, it's their specialty.
You can see it peaking out, just under the lettuce.
 And yes, there are 2 patties of a beef mix.
And waffle fries, ummm, I see a bite missing from one of
those waffle fries.
They were so good, the hubs does share.

 And as if Oreos are not good enough on their own,
they fry them here, in red velvet batter.
 
YuM!!!

While we waited for our table, yes we waited a long time,
we wandered around this...

 Street Fair...

We learned how to make fresh mozzarella, with a sampling,

 we ran into My Poppy's Alpacas...

and I was able to spend a few special moments with Poppy
and these two beautiful, friendly
Alpaca's.

You leave your phone number with the hostess at the restaurant,
 and they send you a text, when your table is ready,
how cool is that!! 
 

25 comments:

Andy said...

Looking good! You got my mouth watering. Yummy!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Where? Where? Where?

I also had to laugh, for in my effort to give up swearing, I have taken to yelling PIG!
Maybe I can be their hostess? Or, I could walk around town yelling "PIG!"

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, everyone looks and sounds delicious...my hubby would love the burgers.. What kind of soup did you order? Oreos in red velvet batter, I can not imagine..It is a cute place.. Thanks for sharing, happy Sunday!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a really neat place!

Brian King said...

Looks like a great place! I'd be all over the burger, but the grilled cheese looks awesome, too. I personally prefer my pigs to be very committed.

rainfield61 said...

I wonder why chicken was not committed.

Did the chicken lack of motivation like the pig?

Adrienne said...

Looks perfect! I love all the details of the place - isn't it great when a restaurant takes the time to really create atmosphere like that?!

TexWisGirl said...

that looks YUMMY! not sure about fried red velvet oreos, though. :)

DIMI said...

Wow!!Looks like a lovely place Debbie!!I sure like what Chuck order!!So yammy!!The Street Fair looks so interesting!I would love to learn how to make fresh mozzarella!!
Thank you for sharing!
Dimi...

Montanagirl said...

That looks and sounds yummy! The Alpacas are cute too. lol

Muffie said...

Looks like a delightful place for a good lunch! Those alpacas are the cutest!

Sally said...

Wow - I really like that. The food looks great. I was expecting it to be a bar-b-que place; we have one here that's just called "The Pig". :)

Unknown said...

Shhhh! Don't let more people know about our wonderful restaurant here in Manasquan! I can only get burgers here in the winter! Love your blog!

Lin said...

I wish more restaurants spent the time on all the extras that make a place like so nice. Then I don't mind the wait.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That food does look amazing.

Michelle said...

That restaurant looks like my kind of place :)

A Colorful World said...

This looks like the kind of place my son-in-law would open! He's into fresh, home-made and loves different cuts of meats. That grilled cheese made my mouth water. YUM!!!!

Latane Barton said...

I want to go there!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

The food looks yummy! I've never seen waffle fries that were so big. And I love that ceiling. Looks like a great place.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

All looks yummy to me and that is a great idea of them texting you when your order is ready.

Laura. M said...

The restaurant is great. You spent a great day.
Besos.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

mmmm

I'm hungry all of a sudden.

I love the committed vs involved quip

Love the art for their image on the glass

Ida said...

Sounds like a fun place. That soup looked yummy and so did the sandwiches and the fries. Believe it or not I'm not a fan of Oreo cookies so I'd pass on those because I don't like Red Velvet either. - It's always fun to find an eatery that you enjoy. I think you found a good one.

LeAnn said...

I will wish to visit this one day; it is diffidently my kind of eatery. The pictures made my mouth water for a grilled cheese sandwich; it's such a comfort food. The fired Oreo's sound interesting; maybe delicious is a better word.
Blessings and hugs!

Unknown said...

ALPACAS :)