Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday's Critters #447

 I have not been paying much attention to the birds these days.
The hubs keeps the feeders and the birdbath full, 
but it's been a minute since I have taken pictures of my backyard family.
They can empty the feeders and eat an entire suet in one day.
They do keep me company while I work and play, and I can't imagine my life without them at the window.

I am seeing a lot of Male Cardinals right now, no females...and I got to thinking, where are all the girls?





The Northern Male Cardinal is undeniably the most recognized and beautiful bird seen in 
wooded habitats, parks and gardens. 
Their song is an insistent series of rich, fluty whistles.
This is a bird I see year round and often photograph in the snow.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It is a beauty alright. I have never seen one.

Lea said...

Great photos!
Have a wonderful weekend!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

A beautiful bird. Your photos are amazing.
Hugs and greetings:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I see more of the males but the females may be hidden in the leaves and I could miss them. We love seeing birds in the feeders and little bird bath too. Enjoy your weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

Your Cardinal images are all beautiful. The males do stand out with the pretty red color. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Peg said...

Your pictures are beautiful, as usual. Maybe the females are busy sitting on eggs. Right now I have a female on my sunflower seed feeder; I don't have as many as in years gone by. I worry about them. Right now I'm overrun with young house finches. They are prolific.

RedPat said...

Maybe the girls are sitting on a nest. The males here have been singing away a lot lately.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am just a little jealous. They are around here but I have only glimpsed one very briefly.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

About the only time we get to see cardinals is when we go to Arizona for the winter, is seems they winter down there too!

DrumMajor said...

Maybe the girls are off for a "girl's out weekend retreat!" The boys are really handsome. Linda in Kansas

Shiju Sugunan said...

Splendid sightings!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, :=) The Cardinal is not a bird we see here in Portugal,...more the pity as it is one of the most attractive colourful birds one could ever wish to see. Your captures of the male are all beautiful, and aren't you lucky to see it all year round!
Best Wishes and Hugs from Portugal.

Linda said...

Lovely. Cardinals brighten my day.

Conniecrafter said...

They stand out so well, I like how you here them so you have to get up and see where they are :) I often wonder too where the girls hand out :)