It has been 99 - 100 degrees for the last few days with heat indices at 105.
All you hear is the hummm of the air conditioner,
it rarely shuts off, and I am so grateful to have central air conditioning
The pool water is 92 degrees, not very refreshing.
The hubs goes outside early to water the plants, we water every day so the grass and vegetables are fine.
Most lawns are brown due to the lack of rain and the heat, you can certainly tell which people water.
We often beat the heat indoors with air conditioning...
Saturday we went for a swim,
I think the water I shower in is cooler than the pool water.
We had fun, I swam many laps and we played corn hole, I won 12 - 8.
I thought I would share some fun activities we do to beat the heat during this very hot summer.
1. Go for a swim in the ocean, lake...a friends pool or your pool
2. Have an indoor picnic
3. Catch a new movie in the theater
4. Visit your local library
5. Start a new craft, something you have never done before
6. Visit a museum
7. Plant an indoor garden and include some fresh herbs
8. Play board games
9. Start a puzzle and work on it every now and again
10. Visit an indoor specialty market
11. Try a new recipe that can be cooked on the stove top
12. Clean a closet or some dresser drawers
14. Wash your car
15. Go for a drive, your car has air conditioning
16. Enjoy a "special" ice cream treat, out