Monday, October 18, 2021

The Great Wall, Point Pleasant Beach

 I have lived in this area my entire life.
The first time I saw this mural was just a few months ago, but it has been here most of my life.
It is The Great Wall of Point Pleasant, depicting life in this tiny little seaside town. 
These are the stores that lined the streets, the cars are from the time...
This mural is at the train station and welcomes visitors as they arrive to town.

I shared this mural once before but it has recently been painstakingly restored.
All of the work was done by hand by the Historical Preservation Commission. 












It had been restored in 2007 and they just finished it again on October 15th.
Everything is exactly as it was...every stroke of the brush, every color.

You should take a look at my first post to enjoy the improvement of this mural.
Those pictures can be found here.

11 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh wow..that's incredible.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is very well done. A wonderful heritage.

Rian said...

Such a cute little town... makes me want to visit one day. Reminds me of movies about sweet little small towns.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is wonderful and your photographs show it so well.

All the best Jan

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well restored Debbie.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie,:=) The wall is very special! It's a delightful mural, and so welcoming for the people arriving by train. also well painted, and preserved.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is amazing! What a lot of work but so beautiful. Reminds me of some of the things I see on HGTV Home Town. I love that show. Enjoy your day!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow a lot of work but it is so great that they are keeping it up. Isn't it something that things can be so close to us and we don't see them.

Veronica Lee said...

That is super cool! And such a great heritage.

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is amazing. I love the history in this one. I love that era too. What a work of art.
Sending hugs!

Brian King said...

Fantastic job! I love the simplicity of the mural, too.