Monday, March 2, 2020

More From Longwood Gardens

I was going through my pictures yesterday,
when I realized I still had a lot of pictures from Longwood Gardens that I never shared.
So here you go...
I have pretty pathways, colorful flowers and green grass to share, right now, in the middle of winter!

Pink Hibiscus

I can't wait to see green grass like this all the time!

Pathway to the Secret Garden






Some of the colorful Lilies, they were all stunning!




Bird of Paradise

There is a Cacti Room...




The gift shop is lovely...and I kicked everyone out for pictures.
hehehehe
I hope you didn't think that was true, but those of you who know me probably thought it was.
If you remember, it was a rainy day, close to closing time, and we had the whole shop to ourselves.
An awesome photo opportunity!







This was so beautiful, in my younger days, I would have purchased it.
But I am pairing down, I no longer want stuff...
I want experiences!

Longwood Exclusive Hand Blown, Hand Painted Orchid Ornament
These were so beautiful!

This will be my last Longwood post from our trip for the Orchid display.
We will go back for the spring display of tulips and daffodils.
I was trying to decide which display is my favorite...
I'll have to take the 5th on that, this place is always gorgeous!

I can't wait to go back though, the tulip and daffodil show is next, "one of my favorites"

20 comments:

roughterrain crane said...

I would like to visit this greenhouse and enjoy all plants. Happy week to you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoyed your photos from Longwood Gardens. It has been a few years since I have been there, time for another visit. Your flower photos are lovely. I am looking forward to seeing the grass and trees green again. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That is absolutely the most charming garden ever! So are any of those pictures the “secret Garden?” You mentioned the path to it under one picture. All of the orchids, the perfect hibiscis, and everything you show are just beautiful and made me smile hugely, but of course after your next visit I will be furiously jealous, because I don’t see those Spring flowers nowadays, except in pictures my daughter texts ... and on your blog ))).

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you found and posted these pictures...they are all really pretty.

Sandi said...

Heaven!

Dicky Bird said...

Oh my amazing your photos too! I would have been in heaven

The Padre said...

Oh My, How Tranquil - Talk About An Attitude Adjuster - Excellent Shots

Cheers

Marie Smith said...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bird of paradise except in photos. The lush plants make me drool.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! I am not sure I could be disciplined enough to leave all those beauties there. I guess the pictures are better in the long run. They don’t take up as much space around the home.

BeachGypsy said...

Wow, that pathway to the secret garden looks identical to our backyard. ..................Pause..........ha ha ha ha LOL--don't I WISH!? LOL Honestly Debbie you could post pictures of this Longwood place every single DAY and I would not get bored with it, ha ha---just love it all. So many pretty scenes. Love all the flowers, the borders, the walkways, everything. I see one picture full of "mother-in-law tongues". Thats what my Ma-Maws had big pots full of in their old houses, often on the porches as well. Those always remind me of them. I think alot of people call them "snake plant" but I grew up with them as "mother-in-law tongues". LOL Hope your weekend was real nice!

karen said...

Love the pix thanks for sharing 💜

DeniseinVA said...

It's a beautiful place and your photos are fantastic. I still haven't been here. We put it on our bucket list when I showed hubby your photos last time. Fully intended to get there last year but didn't make it. Definitely this year ;) For that gift shop alone, ha ha.

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful..

The Furry Gnome said...

What a place!

R's Rue said...

I miss Longwood Gardens.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I too look so forward to some green grass, now Greg being the lawnmower would say he can wait, LOL! I so love the brick path. Those lilies are beautiful, I would love to be able to color them! How cool you got the gift shop to yourselves, so much pretty pink and green, just love it!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am glad you found these lovely photographs to show us t today Debbie. Thanks

Brian King said...

You would think it was June! Beautiful place!

Lowcarb team member said...

All such fabulous photographs from Longwood Gardens.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

i remember you karen, from a long time ago?? nice to see you again, i hope you are well!!!