Friday, March 27, 2020

Keeping Busy...

I have so many hobbies, 
I don't have any trouble keeping busy during this very unusual time.

I am spending more time in the kitchen, cooking and baking...
this was a coffee cake I made for breakfast one morning.
I forgot to take a picture when it was done, it was so pretty and tasted delicious.
Did you notice my precious egg dish?
I put it there so you would notice it.
I purchased it at Walmart.com, a piece from Ree Drummond's cookware.
A complete...
"I don't need this but I just have to have it".
Or like they would say at the farm, I neeeeeeeed it!
And I actually saw it twice in the store and did not buy it, 
then I caved, went on-line and purchased it.

If you follow my blog you know,

I started my vegetable garden and it is coming along very nicely.
The tomatoes are "up", the dill has pushed through the soil, but my cucumbers are mia.
I planted them on March 9th and they have yet to show there face.
Every morning I check everyones progress and give them a little spray of water!

My Journal Book has been getting plenty of my attention, I am enjoying the prompts for projects,
and the writing sessions the book encourages.

I have been knitting, I finished my crochet project, but I am still working on my scarf.
I am getting a little tired of it, so I think I am going to start a second project with a little color,
you remember the scarf is beige.

I love this yarn and all the pretty shades that remind me of autumn...
I want to start something with this, 
I will have to text Liz or Leanne, or both...they always have such great suggestions.

I am spending a lot of time with my birds, taking lots of pictures of them.
I also started cleaning up the pictures on my computer,
an overwhelming task.

The hubs and I 
each have our own small linen closets/medicine cabinets on each side of the double sinks
in our bathroom.
I have cleaned those out and all of the drawers around them. 
I have cleaned out some dresser drawers, and many cabinets around the house. 
I have been thinking about all the closets and I have a "Hope Chest" that could probably be emptied. 
Of course I keep up with the day to day cleaning and I am cooking dinner every night.


Last night I made homemade pizzas for dinner, they were delicious!


Each day I get up, get dressed, show up and I try to meet the day with mindfulness and joy.
Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth, hehehehehe, I will have to work on that!

Stay safe and be well and tell me in the comments what you are doing to keep busy!

16 comments:

Maria Rodrigues said...

Hi Debbie,
There is so much to do at home. I am very sorry to live in an apartment and therefore not have a garden, it must be very nice to see the plants grow and to be able to enjoy the flowers.
Your pizzza must have been delicious.
Also here (Lisbon) we are at home only leaving when it is really necessary, only staying in isolation will we be able to stop the spread of this virus so terrible and destructive.
Keep safe and well

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, cooking is something I like to do too. I made an upside-down pineapple cake, hubby loved it. Your pizza looks delicious, I love pizza. Your flowers are pretty and I like the yarn colors. It is great your plantings are doing so well. Keep the joy! Stay safe, healthy and happy. Enjoy your weekend!

Dicky Bird said...

oh my the pizza's look amazing! I cleaned under our bathroom sink yesterday too...I have a lifetime supply of stuff I forgot I had and bought more of...I'm no longer in "need" of some of them...change of life...so, I will donate them to the church's bathroom. I've been busy, but seems I can't tell it...lol Have a great weekend.

Changes in the wind said...

I am not use to cooking three times a day so that has been a challenge but am learning a lot too like how to be more creative with the food I have. I have lettuce to use up so am going to make a Mexican type salad with dorito chips and hot sliced chicken on top for dinner tonight. Hubby and I watched a movie yesterday called "Fall from Grace" on netflex and it was good. I have been knitting on a baby blanket that I have on the needles. I knit them and them donate them to the hospital where I volunteer. Am not doing that now of course and in fact they are not even allowing any visitors.

Rian said...

Debbie, I'm with you and have so many things I like to do that I don't think I could ever be bored. Besides all the normal routine things which need doing, there's reading, writing, sculpting, creative cooking, quilting, etc. And I just pulled out some yarn to start a crochet project. I also love your egg dish! Thinking that might be my new clay project when the studio reopens.

The Padre said...

Beautiful Homemade Pie - I'm On My Way

Cheers

Marie Smith said...

Regular routine on-going here. Less socializing on my part however...none in fact. We’re doing ok.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are an inspiration . i have been trying to do one project per day and so far, I've been doing well. I love the color of that yarn. whatever you make with it will be beautiful .

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love to see how you are spending your days! You have a true joy for life that is so inspiring! Your little egg dish is darling and your garden is getting a good start. I had to laugh about the tooth-brushing - I've been guilty of not brushing my hair. Messy hair - don't care! haha! I'm doing alot of cleaning, yard cleanup and I admit, too much snacking. Can't help it - the Mr. is always tempting me. He's skinny and can eat whatever he wants. Me - not so lucky. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful gardens this year. Hope those cucumbers sprout soon. Take good care. Hugs xo Karen

Conniecrafter said...

Your plants are coming along great, what is up with the cucumbers, isn't it funny how some of them will come up great and others not so much. I need to find out when I need to plant mine out doors, I have better luck that way. I totally understand the egg dish, I do the same thing, if I see something I don't need and then keep thinking about it later I know I really want it, we sometimes just need to buy those things that bring joy even if we don't need them. Good for you getting your spring cleaning done, I am just going along as I use to before this, doing my same routine and it seems to be keeping me pretty sane so far, except I will have to say this week seemed to last forever. I wouldn't mind eating out either but Greg doesn't want to so I cook....

Monica Hein ~ Beauty Diary said...

Home made pizzas sounds so good!

Sally said...

You ARE staying busy, girl! Not me, I'm a slug.

Love your egg holder/keeper - I hate to inform you though I am not a fan of Pieneer Woman (Yes, I spelled that wrong on purpose) however, because of that my granddaughter bought me her butter dish. hahahaha It IS pretty.

xoxo

21 Wits said...

Yes you do have lots of hobbies and I always enjoy seeing them all! Your photos are always uplifting and joyous, and many so creative!

Brian King said...

Your tomatoes are doing better than ours. We've only got three so far and two pepper plants. Not sure we'll be having tomatoes and peppers this year. LOL!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your pizza looks good …

Yes, in these strange times keeping busy helps.
Eddie and I are doing ok. We enjoyed a local walk recently, of course kept social distancing rules in mind. We did give two squirrels a fright! As we turned a corner they must have been near a bush and wow did they move quickly!!! Must take some photographs of our next walk, provided our current restrictions due to the virus do not change.

Stay smiling and stay positive - it helps.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

This was an extra fun post. I liked learning about what you are doing. I always love your knitting that you do. I like the idea that you journal. I have kept a journal for 42 years. My children often call to have me look up things that went on at a certain in their lives. It's fun.
You look like such a good cook. I loved the look of that pizza; yummy.
I am always impressed with the gardens you do. My husband is a little more intent on doing one this year. I think the pandemic is causing some of that. Luckily, we believe in having a year supply of food. We have that but we did get more to add to our 6 weeks of foods we eat more often.
Because we are old, we are staying in most of the time. We do take a few walks. We have an adult granddaughter living with us and I had to tell her to stop working due to concerns. She a bit bored but we try to do things with her. She has a boyfriend, which complicates things a little bit.
We spend time reading and I have been trying to catch up on some projects. Also, we have been doing some cleaning and organizing too. My granddaughter has been helping with that. I hope to get back blogging a little bit more. I did do one today.
You are such a favorite of mine so please stay safe and stay home.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!