Thursday, October 17, 2019

Yarn Along

I started my fifth and final 
This is the last one I will be making 
as I now have enough to gift one to each of my nieces for Christmas.

I am knitting with Mad Tosh hand dyed yarn
100% merino wool, dk weight
- the color is calligraphy -

I leave tomorrow for Rhinebeck, New York for a fun girlfriends weekend. 
15 girls, all fiber "chicks with sticks", knitters, crocheters...staying for 3 days in an Airbnb.
We talk, laugh, cook, eat and drink...and a few of us get a little knitting done.
Saturday and Sunday you can find us kicking up our heels at the 
If you click on the link, the logo for this festival, the green vw van,
was designed by my knitting teacher and good friend Leanne.
She is so talented, what an honor, she is so deserving!

- so that's it...the shenanigans begin tomorrow -

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the yarn is pretty, it will be a lovely Cowl for your niece. Enjoy your weekend at the festival. Sounds like a fun time for the chicks with sticks. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Changes in the wind said...

Chicks with sticks...sounds like my kind of girls:) Hope you have a wonderful time and the cowl is going to turn out real pretty.

Marie Smith said...

Enjoy every minute, bite and stitch!

R's Rue said...

Love.

LeAnn said...

You have become such an excellent knitter. I would say professional. Very excited to see how your weekend goes; it sounds so fun. I remember it from last year.
Sending hugs your way and enjoy all the precious moments on this one!

Kim said...

Love your new cowl, Debbie. You will be able to knit these cowls with your eyes closed very soon. =) Your little trip with the girls sounds wickedly fun! Have fun, lovely lady.

Conniecrafter said...

that must feel so good to have the gifts almost all done already :) I hope you had a terrific time this weekend with the girls!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colour of the yarn.
Have a wonderful time away.

All the best Jan

midn said...

replica omega watches uk, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica omega tresor watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.