Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Let's Make A Basket

 Way back in the summer I signed up for a basket making class with good friend Liz.
The class was yesterday at
and the weather could not have been better. 
This is the second basket I made and I really enjoy this craft.

All of the pieces have specific names, I do not remember any of them.
The teal green pieces have to be cut, all the same length.
I messed up my bottom weaving in this part, the under...over technique,
I am not sure why I could not get that but you really can't tell, or can you?
Liz (green cap) said "it's fine"!!


The rest went quite smoothly.

We have a view of the Alpaca's while we work.


Bringing the sides up and weaving them in was not difficult, 
you just have to remember to keep your basket wet.



We were able to work outside at The Coop.



Here's my basket, all finished up!

There were six of us in the class,
Here are all six baskets, they are all similar but each a little different.

I really enjoy this craft, knitting is still my number one,
but this is a very close second.

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

A fun day! I enjoyed this process very much and seeing all of your photographs. Gives a feel for the enjoyment you experienced.