Monday, July 22, 2024

Pine Creek Railroad

 Sunday we decided to visit the garden I love at Allaire State Park.
We were just going to stay a few minutes, take a few pictures and see if I could spot any hummingbirds.
I saw only one male and it was as quick as a jetski and never really landed.
I have 6 very blurry pictures.
We heard the whistle blow from The Pine Creek Railroad and decided it would be fun to take a ride,
we have not been on the train here in several years.

We sat in the green, open air railcar, the whistle is so loud and authentic when you are that close to it.


These are pictures of the railcar graveyard.





This one was used in a movie, but I can't remember which one.

It was a beautiful day but at one point the sky got dark blue like this.


Here we are, this was a really fun ride!


Founded in 1952, 
The Pine Creek Railway is one of the oldest tourist attractions, 
and operating narrow gauge railways in the country.

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That looks like a fun day, Debbie. I love trains.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You guys find fun things to do to keep busy! Love your photos! I would like to see a hummingbird. I saw one once this summer on my deck in one of my hanging baskets. Never returned!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love all the train images, cute shots of you and your hubby!
Looks like a great outing and fun day! Take care, have a wonderful week!

Leanne Coppola said...

I read that Allaire was closing for a few weeks because of budget/costs. I'm glad you got to go!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like fun!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Train rides are always so much fun! Your smiling faces reflect that perfectly.

-Soma

acorn hollow said...

That is a great big smile looks like you enjoyed it a lot.
cathy

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

How cool is that!?! We have an 1880 train in a nearby town. I think we may have to go on it when we get home.

Changes in the wind said...

What a fun thing to do.....

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Such a train journey is a great adventure.
Hugs and greetings.

Jeanie said...

this looks like a great and fun day. And you two look happy!

Conniecrafter said...

Neat that you were able to go for a ride and I bet on a hot day it was nice to be in an open car to catch any breeze that came by :)