Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Hummingbird Garden In Allaire State Park

This beautiful little garden is located just opposite the entrance to 
Allaire State Park
I don't know who planted it or who maintains it, but it always looks so well kept and pretty.
I believe it is a group of volunteers keeping the plants watered and the garden tidy.
I wish they would post a sign, or have a donation box so the people who enjoy it so much could contribute.
Anyway, it is a wonderful little garden that I enjoy very much.


The plants have really grown since the last time I was here.












This big guy took his owners for a walk and they stopped to say hi while we were viewing the garden.
They were such nice people, they told us the birds name but I don't remember...
that's the story of my life!
The bird will live 60 years, and speaks in full sentences...it did not talk to us.

As you know, we rode the train afterward and it was a fun afternoon!

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

The garden looks beautiful. Lovely plants and flowers!
I like the parrot, it would be neat to hear it talk.
Take care, have a great day!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

This garden is beautiful and the plants are well-kept.It's a pity the parrot didn't say anything.
Hugs and greetings.

DeniseinVA said...

It is a charming garden Debbie. Whoever keeps the garden in that pretty state deserves accolades! Meeting the parrot would make my day.

Marie Smith said...

Magnificent greens. Gorgeous! What a beautiful place for a ramble.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful little garden
The birds is beautiful as well.

Jeanie said...

Another lovely garden. I am always amazed that a bird can live for 60 years!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

OMG! Hummingbirds are my favorite! Who knew Allaire State Park had a hummingbird garden. I am learning so much from you about things to see and o in NJ despite living here (or close by) all my life.

Conniecrafter said...

That garden looks like it is doing very well. Our church has started a community garden and it is looking wonderful too. I have a few different hummingbirds coming to my feeder, I need to look up in my bird book to figure out what kinds they are, they have different coloring so I can tell them apart.