Friday, June 28, 2024

Christmas In June

I am in a little bit of a knitting lull, but not a creative lull.

I have been making these little embroidered Christmas ornaments 
to include with the money gifts I give at Christmas time.
To people like my manicurist, my hairdresser, 
my mail carrier (she is such a sweet woman)...people like that.


This is a kit I saw on Instagram and ordered from Homestead & Thread.
It was very inexpensive, and included the patterns and the snowflake designs which were on a water soluble material, Stick and Stitch.
The felt and embroidery thread were not included.


These 3 need to be sewn together with a blanket stitch, stuffed, 
and cording included on top to hang them from.
I am using the "star"...not the heart or circle, I like the star as it is much more Christmassy.
I cut the felt into the shape and then embroider the design over the water soluble pattern.
Once done, you soak it in warm water which dissolves water soluble product.

These 2 were included as a thank-you. 

These are so fun to make 
and I will be so happy in December that they are done.

5 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

You're very smart to start working on your Christmas gifts now! It will be here before we know it.

I love those star ornaments, and I think that's such a great thing to include with the money gift. I always love it when someone gives me an ornament. I didn't get to celebrate Christmas as a child, and I'm kind of obsessed with Christmas ornaments now. Those are really pretty! It makes me wish I knew how to embroider.

Marie Smith said...

The ornaments are lovely! You have a good start on the holiday preparation.

Anonymous said...

You are way ahead that's for sure! I have done very little crafting of late
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I think they look very nice.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It's a perfect time to make them and you will be all ready at Christmas. I'm sure they will be appreciated. So cute.