Saturday, June 29, 2024

Saturday Critters #550

 550 times we have come together as critter lovers and shared our finds.


I thought the coloring around this Great Blue Herons head was "peachy"...
Standing with eye closed in the above picture, eye opened in the picture below.




Female American Black Duck


I saw several Bufflehead Ducks as we were still in March.




This Red-Winged Blackbird serenaded us for quite some time.



These are the last of the pictures that were taken at the Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge.
They were taken on March 31st and this was the view then.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Lovely as always
Cathy

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
This wildlife refuge is one of my favorite to visit. We always see something good there. Your heron photos are beautiful and I love the Bufflehead Duck. I can almost hear the Red-winged Blackbird singing. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Anonymous said...

Some beauties here Debbie.

Happy weekend wishes.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Marie Smith said...

Great photos. I love the heron especially. They are exceptional birds.

Linda said...

What a gorgeous heron!

Jeanie said...

I am so in love with herons. Your photos are fantastic!

Irma said...

Beautiful series of photos of the heron.
Greetings Irma

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I do enjoy bird watching and you got some amazing shots of these birds. I am not familiar with this wildlife refuge but I'm going to look it up. Might be a nice place to visit.