Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Greater Shore Concert Band

You all remember my friend Leanne right.
She taught me how to knit, designed the logo for the Sheep & Wool Festival a few years back
and best and most importantly, she is my good friend.
 Leanne does everything...she works full time, has three boys, knits, reads all the time,
helps out at the Coop Store on her parents farm and plays the flute in the 

Greater Shore Concert Band.

Sunday I went to watch her and her bandmates perform their holiday show.
To say this was and always is a holiday highlight is an understatement.
We go each year, it's on the Bucket List...and for as long as she plays, we will go!

Leanne

You can see her in the middle, a little to the right.

The Announcer


This is David Smolokoff, Tenor
He performed two solos, his voice is really magical.
The afternoon ended with a sing-a-long which I loved,
and is right up my alley.

- this is one of my favorite holiday traditions -

12 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...


Singing holidays songs brings a community together.
A holiday concert is a bonus!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=) What a lovely concert event, and even nicer because your good friend is one of the participants, I like all the song/music choices and there is nothing like a sing along to give you a feeling of festive cheer.I'm sure Lealle appreciates your presence every year.

Marie Smith said...

Such a lovely tradition!

R's Rue said...

So much fun.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

BeachGypsy said...

Holiday band/orchestra concerts are so fun, I love attending them. We've not been to one in a long time though. We were Band parents, so sure attended our share when the kids were young. I love all the old Christmas songs, and we do get to hear and sing those at our church. Hope your week is going great! I am starting to wrap up presents, how bout you?

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful way to enjoy the holiday!!
Cathy

Latane Barton said...

that does sound like a very special holiday treat. I watched my youngest grandson (he's 16 now) sing in the Brunswick Choral last night... from afar. It was streamed so I got to see it.

Lowcarb team member said...

A wonderful concert, I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful evening!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Barb and I used to be Leanne's. Working full-time, raising kids, shuttling them around and fitting in our hobbies. I much prefer retired life, but sometimes miss that hustle and bustle.

Leanne Coppola said...

I love that you and Chuck come to see me play. It means the world to me when I look out in the audience and see you there. Thank you for coming and sharing the music with us!

Conniecrafter said...

So wonderful to have those holiday traditions, I am sure it means a lot to her that you come too!