Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday Critters #495

The Red Winged Blackbirds are everywhere you look here at the Jersey Shore, 
I usually hear them before I see them. 
They have been posing nicely for pictures recently, they are usually quick to fly off.
These are 2 new pictures although they look very similar to others I have shared!



I shared the following story back on May 27th of this year, about the fox family I have been visiting. 
If you are familiar with that you could skip the following narrative, the images are new.

"In May of 2021, I first became aware of a family of Fox living under the boardwalk in 
Ocean Grove.

 We took several trips to see them before they came out of the den 
and up in sight, while I was there, and able to get pictures.
 I was thrilled to photograph this Red Fox Family and I shared those pictures from May 2021 here.

Now, it has happened again.
 They have taken up residence in the same den at the North End Pavilion 
which was destroyed by a fire back in 2019.
As you can imagine, this family of Red Fox ~ Mom, Pop and 5 Pups ~ are getting a lot of attention.
The beach may seem like an odd spot to see a Fox Family, 
yet it is in fact very common as Fox are indigenous to the beach area.
It is believed they will stay in this den for 6 - 8 weeks and then move on!"












I have yet to see mom and dad this year, the pups come out frequently.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

17 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Those are the best pictures! Love the bird but the fox is not something you see that often and you captured it so well. Great photos.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! Is there anything cuter than a young fox? I've only seen a fox deep in the forest on the run. I would love to take pics of one. You did great! And aren't those blackbirds musical? They are loud and some come to our feeders now too. Happy weekend. Hope your air quality is getting better. Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh the fox are too cute, love seeing them sunning themselves in the sand, looks like they are relaxed where they are :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The fox steals the show, adorable collection of fox photos.
I love the Red-winged Blackbird images too.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Mae Travels said...

Seeing foxes is a real treat! I also love the red-winged blackbirds and their pretty territorial songs.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

BeachGypsy said...

Beachfoxes!!-- they are SO CUTE! just adorable little faces

Marie Smith said...

We are living parallel lives along the eastern seaboard of North America, Debbie.

I am watching the Red-winged Blackbirds every day, trying to get a good photo of the coloured markings on the wings. You beat me to it! Well done!

I am also following a mother fox and four kits, now down to three, as they hunt and frolic. I finally got some good photos of one kit yesterday! You have great photos! Better than mine, my friend!

DeniseinVA said...

Be still my heart, I absolutely adored your fox photos, sweet little pups. The red-winged blackbird ones are great too. We haven't been to the park where we see many of them, need to get there soon. Great photos Debbie! Have a splendid weekend :)

RedPat said...

I love your shots of the fox pups. So sweet.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely pictures of the red winged blackbirds ...
BUT your photographs of the fox pups were amazing, lovely to see.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

What awesome pictures!

Bonnie said...

Debbie, I am in love with that sweet fox. Great pictures.

I am so excited to hear you are in a book group. I am always available for suggestions. I love connecting readers with their next favorite book.

I have tried everything Goggle has suggested to be able to comment on my own blog. So far nothing is happening. It is always good to connect with you. Bonnie

DrumMajor said...

Wonder what the foxies eat on the beach: birds or fish? Linda in Kansas

Black Knight said...

Great photos.
The fox is so beautiful. Unfortunately here the fox hunting is allowed.
I don't understand how killing an animal can be a "pleasure".

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

GreenComotion said...

I loved all the photos.
Hope the foxes stay safe.
Best wishes!!