Thursday, June 1, 2023

Rock The Boat

 A morning sitting down at the Point Pleasant inlet is time well spent.
It is the perfect way to start the day, if you can, watching the boats come and go.
On this day, way back on May 6th 
there were a lot more boats out on the water than I thought there would be.

There were donuts and frozen coffee drinks, blue skies, sunshine...and a gentle morning breeze.

Two Anns
I love watching them put their riggers down.

Knucklehead

Queen Mary

Riddler

The other side of the inlet is in Manasquan.
Just above the awning of this boat, you can see the Manasquan sign painted at the entrance to the beach.

Independence II

After the inlet, we took a drive to 
Lake of the Lilies 
I did not see any Mute Swans and I only saw a few ducks.
I did see a lot of Red Winged Blackbirds.






- time wasted watching the birds is time well wasted -

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Those blackbirds are so noisy. I love how they protect their nests. The boats are always my favourites too. Let’s face it, Debbie. I love everything you post.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love watching the boats and the first bird I saw at our feeder was the red winged blackbird...and 2 doves. Enjoy your day!

Leanne Coppola said...

The Knucklehead might be the best boat name ever!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Watching the boats is a nice relaxing time. Bird watching is one of my favorite things to do. Great captures of the Red-winged Blackbirds.
Take care, enjoy your day!

DrumMajor said...

The Two Anns boat looks like all of the rigging could sink the boat! That's a lot of equipment. Your birdie photos are dandy too. Linda in Kansas

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that last quote. Time wasted watching birds is time well spent. I agree.

Black Knight said...

In my garden there are some nests of the blackbirds: they begin to sing at dawn and stop at sunset.
Of course I like the last quote.
Looking at all those boats I remember the beautiful time spent in the Coast Guard.

Conniecrafter said...

Looks like it was a perfect day out, I love the quote at the end too, so true!
I have heard that you all have some wild fires in your state, I hope they aren't effecting you too bad, take care!