Friday, June 10, 2022

Enjoying Spring

Spring is here in that the temperatures are ideal and all the many days of rain have passed.
Flowers have replaced the saturated grounds and the scent from those flowers fills the air.
The birds are gathered around the bird bath, their songs are beautiful.
The days are long, the sun sets later...
there is more time for drives in the car, bike rides, walks on the beach, festivals and ice cream.


The Honeysuckle is in bloom right now and it smells heavenly.



My Daylilies are beginning to open up and the flowers are so pretty.
How is possible that they will only last one day?



Long, daytime walks on unpopulated beaches are coming to an end.
I will miss seeing the beaches like this.


- spring is when life's alive in everything -

9 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We pass through that area in December one year on our way from PA to FL. Although a lot of things were not open we loved the deserted beaches!

Marie Smith said...

Love that beach scene, Debbie. Those days when you can walk an uncrowded beach are pretty special.

You asked me about the colour of the forget me nots. The picture was taken with the bright sun shining on them and it washed them out. I reduced the brightness and they came out that way.

Rian said...

Debbie, I too love the smell of Honeysuckle! We have some red Honeysuckle out front that the birds 'gifted' to us. I thought it was killed with the cold a while back, but it's coming up again! And oh, what I would give to be able to walk on a deserted beach again.

Susie said...

Debbie, I miss the honeysuckle we had at the shop entrance. I may have to plant some here. Hummingbirds like it too. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

BeachGypsy said...

Our beaches have filled back up too!!--- summer has arrived! Oh I LOVE honeysuckle--- smells so good. I have some honeysuckle lotion

The Furry Gnome said...

I always love your pictures of the ocean!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So many pretty photos! I love all the flowers this time of year, but I don't get to see the beach that often, so your pics are a treat. For some reason, the deer love my daylilies :( x K

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh those day lilies are incredible. Mine have not come up yet. I don't see them until around July here.

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Your photos are always so amazing. The close up photo (the second one) of the daylily is incredible. Enjoy your time outside.

-Soma