Tuesday, April 14, 2020

What To Do...What To Do?

So far, I have not had any trouble keeping busy while we are on lockdown...
As I said before, 
I have a pretty good routine established,
 if the weather is nice, we ride our bikes in our neighborhood.
Otherwise, we don't leave the house.

We have played some games...


The hubs does not like Bananagrams, I happen to love it.
He does not like it because he never wins.
I let him win the first game so he played another...

I won the second game, pretty easily, in no time flat!
There was no third game!
We also play Racko, we both love that game.

Anything we need, I order on-line.
I needed Sweet William seeds for the garden, there were only 2 left on Amazon, so I ordered both,
that will be enough.
I thought the packets themselves were so pretty.

The hubs cleaned the grill and we cooked our Home Chef hamburgers on the grill.
They were delicious!
The two best menu items they offer are their hamburgers and their pizzas!!
Everything else is good, but these are my favorites.
I'm glad the grill is clean, now we can use it to cook the burgers and steaks,
their steaks are very good also!

These are the husbands world famous grilled packets of potatoes,
they are the bomb!
Potatoes, onions, butter and salt in sturdy foil packets.
He usually uses red skinned potatoes 
but we only have yukon gold potatoes and they were even better.

We saw this Red Shouldered Hawk on one of our recent bike rides...
he saw us also and only hung out for a few pictures.

A message from our local news station, 
perfectly appropriate for this unusual time we are living through!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie

Sounds like you are able to keep busy and have fun playing games. The Sweet William looks pretty. The burgers, onions and potatoes look yummy! Great shot of the Hawk! I love the message on your TV.. Take care, have a happy week!

Dicky Bird said...

Well, I could be quarantined with you. Looks like fun and great food!

Changes in the wind said...

My hubby doesn't like any games but I love them so I play on my computer. Dinner looked great:)TV message is a good one.

Ruth S said...

Delicious Orchards has a prepay pick up deal that you pick up in the car. New menu every day. Sounds great. Nice variety.

Marie Smith said...

This pandemic has forced us to slow down, relax, take in the sights all around us and breathe!not bad really! Take care.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. We just chilled out and had a slow relaxing day. Those burgers and potatoes do look yummy Have a happy week and be safe!

Debbie said...

hi ruth, funny you should mention this. i read about it on Facebook, went to their home page and todays items were not listed. i checked, rechecked, refreshed and then boom, todays pre-pack was all sold out. i guess you have to be quick, really quick. this is a great idea, maybe they will offer more of these pre-pack offers. if you did not watch the video, watch it, it is very informative!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I just finished my supper and yet, that food looks so good.

Conniecrafter said...

My hubby doesn't care for those kind of games he likes to play role playing games on his switch gaming handheld device.
I love when we get to grill out, mainly because hubby does the cooking on it most of the time and it taste good too! Are you planting the seeds in the house or outside. I still have some of my mixed seeds left that I will plant after we are over our frost time.
That Hawk is cool, we see Hawks quite a bit around here, but I have never had a camera, nice that you were able to get a pick!

BeachGypsy said...

OH my gosh Debbie those burgers and "taters" look oh so DELICIOUS!! YUM! Loved all the pictures and we have the banana game too. Hope your week is going well so far!

Brian King said...

Whatever it takes to keep from getting bored! The burgers look awesome! The animals are probably the only ones still keeping a normal routine. LOL!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We always play Bananagrams when we visit our Colorado “kids”.... three of us love the game. Bill does not! He says all he hears in his sleep after we play is everybody yelling “peel” at him )). The potato packets look yummy.

LeAnn said...

I love that you are playing games together. We think about it. We do have a puzzle to do. The food looked yummy. The bird was a little different than some of your others. I love Sweet Peas. You must take photos of them when they bloom.
I do love the positive thoughts that come here and there to help us deal through it all. I think we will learn some wonderful lessons through it all and grow closer together in families, couples and etc.
Blessings and hugs!