Sunday, August 11, 2013

Song-ography ~ Both Sides Now Edition ~ 4

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done, but clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall, I really don't know clouds at all

Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels, the dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real, I've looked at love that way

But now it's just another show, you leave 'em laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know, don't give yourself away

I've looked at love from both sides now, from give and take,
and still somehow...
It's love's illusions I recall, I really don't know love at all

Tears and fears and feeling proud, to say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds, I've looked at life that way

Oh but now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost but something's gained, in living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From WIN and LOSE and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all

I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all

Sharing today's Joni Mitchell song with
Kathy at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out.
 

32 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

YOWZERS Deb! Those colors, that light! GORGEOUS! The colors remind me of sherbert! How fortunate for you to have witnessed such beauty, and how lucky for us that you both noticed it AND have the talent to capture it so wonderfully :). Thank you for sharing at Song-ography this week.

Karen Lakis said...

Beautiful! It goes so well with this song - sort of a cotton candy cloud kind of feel.

Lin said...

That song always makes me sad when I hear it. She has such a way of singing it just so....

Brandi said...

Lovely colors!!

grammie g said...

HI Debbie...Aw ..magical cotton candy sunset, and this song is perfect, I started singing it as I read the words!!
Amazing photo!!
Grace

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Beautiful colors and shapes in the sky! The photo goes so well with the song. It is probably my very favorite song. I've loved it since I was a girl.

S. Etole said...

What a creative sky. So beautiful.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Debbie wonderful coloured puffs of clouds and a wonderful song to go with it. well done for the great combination.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW... What an AWESOME Sky!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is pure magic, Debbie!

Joanna said...

I really like the picture. It's beautiful.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a great moment in time to capture. just beautiful, Debbie.

enjoy your week. ( :

The Furry Gnome said...

Love the picture!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hugs hugs hugs. B

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! I like what Kathy said - sherbet!! Happy Monday!

TexWisGirl said...

what a gorgeous, glorious sky!!! thanks for sharing that!

Karen said...

Wow, love that image!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

that's a beautiful cloud photo! Love the song, too.

DeniseinVA said...

Utterly stunning photo Debbie and a great post. Love the lyrics. BTW I have a post up about the tripod you recommended :)

Willow said...

I love that song ,one of the few songs I learned to play on the piano when I was a kid. Gorgeous photo by the way .

Nancy said...

If these clouds don't look like cotton candy I have never seen ones that do....Awesome shot of a glorious shot...

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, wow what a gorgeous sky. Beautiful capture and thanks for sharing the song. Enjoy your week ahead!

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning clouds! Perfect for such an emotional song.

Jeanne said...

You have really captured some stunning colors in these clouds. Gorgeous!

LeAnn said...

A fantastic picture to go with that song. I loved reading the words and I remember listening to it a lot. The words do cause some reflections.
Blessings!

A Colorful World said...

GREAT photo! And how delightful to see the words to this song which I've heard a hundred times....I could hear it in my mind as I read the words.

Thanks so much Debbie for your well-wishes on my father-in-law's passing, and my health issues. I know you have your own struggles. All my best--

Marie

Nancy said...

Simply gorgeous Deb.

Hope you are well, my dear. xo

Brian King said...

Gorgeous sky!

Linda said...

Oh, I always loved that song! Your picture is beautiful.

Ida said...

Simply stunning. God really knows how to paint the sky with vibrant colors doesn't He!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous sunset, we really do have some of the best around here on the Jersey Shore!