Sunday, August 18, 2013

Song-ography ~ Born To Run Edition ~ 5

It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing,
this song always commands my complete attention!
 
I grew up listening to his music, he's "The Boss" from Jersey...
To this day you can stumble upon him in a local bar
on a random Friday or Saturday night...
if your lucky.
 
So here is my tribute to "Bruce"...
 
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American Dream.

At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines.
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin out over the line.
Baby this town rips the bones from your back,
its a death trap, it's a suicide rap,
we gotta get out while were young,
'cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run.
 
Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend,
I want to guard your dreams and visions.
Just wrap your legs round these velvet rims
and strap your hands across my engines.
Together we could break this trap, well run till we drop,
baby well never go back.
Will you walk with me out on the wire,
`cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider,
but I gotta find out how it feels.
I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real.

Beyond the palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors,
and the boys try to look so hard...

The amusement park rises bold and stark...
 
kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
I wanna die with you Wendy on the streets tonight, in an everlasting kiss.

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Everybodys out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide.
Together Wendy well live with the sadness,
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

Someday girl I don't know when were gonna get to that place
where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun.
But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run!
 
Sharing today's Bruce Springsteen song with
Thanks so much Kathy, this was PERFECT for me
and I am having a blast with this!!
 
All images taken during various visits to Asbury Park!!
 

28 comments:

MarmePurl said...

I just knew you would have a great post for this song!!!!

TexWisGirl said...

yup, kindred spirits from the same 'hood. :)

S. Etole said...

what a fun series of photos for this song.

Tamar SB said...

These are so perfect for the song!!

Ida said...

Well that was a great trip through the song. - Really loved the one with the Bar and the Amusement Ride and then to end with that dreamy beach shot. Perfection!

Kmcblackburn said...

Custom made for you my friend :). My two fav Bruce songs are "Briliant Disguise" (might use that one around Halloween for Song-ography) and "Thunder Road". "Born to Run" makes the perfect tri-fecta for moi. Instantly transports me to my teen-aged years (and now, when I PRETEND to be in my teen-aged years) and being Jersey Shore bound. Even us Philly girls have some Jersey in us, ya know :). Thanks for linking up to Song-ography this week...would have been disappointed if ya didn't, haha.

Lynne said...

Hey from one Jersey girl to another, even though I've only called NJ home for 7 years (hence the "new") Ilove it.

Great shots. How fun! I particularly love the night shot (4th one). Also love the photo on your banner!

Lynne @ a "new" Jersey Girl

Simon said...

I've yet to be able to picture an entire so as you have done. I seem to be stuck on title with a one and done approach. Yay, the linky has no rules.
I love this set and feeling of NJ.

Nancy said...

Just perfect in every way. xo

grammie g said...

Hi Debbie... Born in the USA yes I was lol!! He has had some real goodies!!

You did a great job on this one !!
Your photo's spell it out perfectly!!

Grace

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, Born to Run is a perfect song for you! I loved your photos of Asbury Park. I like a lot of "The Boss's" songs.

Ellie said...

Hi Debbie, hope you are well!
You canny beat a bit of The Boss can you? Perfect pictures to a great song :))

I so glad you liked my book on Riley, it did it through Bonusprint. Do you get that in the States? It was a special order and my book cost me only £6.70 - a great bargain. I am so pleased with it and the quality is really good. I do plan on doing some more - I might even do a blog book.
Hope you had a lovely weekend :))

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful set of shots ! Great interpretation of a great song!

Karen Lakis said...

What a fun illustration of this song!

DeniseinVA said...

Great post Debbie and I do love that song, and gorgeous photographs too. Thanks for stopping by and to answer your question besides taking my IPad I also take my laptop. The IPad is great for using on the road. I look at my blog and read the comments and read them out to Gregg which we both find so enjoyable. I 'jot' notes down of our trip but I do prefer to get back to the hotel at night and use my laptop to catch up and reply to e-mails and to comments. I find it easier somehow. But I do enjoy taking photos with the IPad too, though even then I use my regular camera more. Have a great week :)

Adrienne said...

Always adore your Jersey pics! That bonfire shot is so cool, Jersey girl!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Perfect photos for the song! I love Bruce, too. "Born to Run" is one I love to listen to when I'm exercising.

Buttons Thoughts said...

AWESOME all around. Hug B

Ransick said...

Love that song! Brings back lots of memories.

Tell the hubs parasailing was amazingly calm. It felt like we were floating (like when you look out the window of a plane).and when we turned our heads to talk to each other, it was quiet and we could talk with normal voices. We took off and landed right on the boat which I recommend doing. There were no jerky motions at all.

nancyjean said...

oh my goodness.... i grew up around you! Mendham, NJ. I love love love that place. I try to get back for visits as my relatives still live there. Thank you for sharing these photos...great memories.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I've always liked that song! Love your shots, too!

Our photos said...

Wonderful set of shots!
Greetings from, RW & SK

Anonymous said...

You gotta love Bruce and you gotta love Jersey... Great post!

Ramakant Pradhan said...

Some amazing shots. My fav are the night shots and the last shot.

MastHoliday said...

Beautiful series of the pictures! like its specially last.
nice post, Indeed...

LeAnn said...

I loved the photos and that is quite the song. It's a good match.
Blessings!

Kathleen's Blog said...

Wow--love this post....LOVE Bruce. I am a Bruce freak---have all his albums, 8-tracks, cassettes and now CD's and DVD's. That really dates me though, doesn't it?? ha ha!!

MICKAN from QUEENS FIELD¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮ said...

And his music sounds so good.
Like the great post you did for his song ;)