Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Meet Me In The Kitchen

For those of you who follow my blog, you know "I Don't Love To Cook"
 
But for some reason, because I needed comfort last week,
I spent a few days in the kitchen.
It could also have something to do with those free rolls
we got at the Balloon Festival.
For whatever reason, they inspired me to cook.
 
First I made sliders...

with caramelized onions,

all plopped on top of those yummy sweet rolls.
These were delicious...and had to be eaten with a fork and knife!

Next I made these...

Scrambled eggs, red pepper, onions and bacon.
The hubs hollowed out the roll
and made a nest for the eggs, yummo!

The last thing I made had nothing to do with the rolls.
Inspired by Pinterest, these were the best potatoes I have ever eaten.

Crispy Smashed Potatoes
I topped them with a dollop of sour cream and fresh crumbled bacon,
the recipe can be found here.

We had Sloppy Joe's with these, comfort food, at it's finest.

I can't wait for winter, I'm dying for pot roast!
Do you enjoy yummy comfort food?
Do you have a favorite?
 

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

YUM! those carmelized onions look AWESOME! nothing better on a burger!

my favorite comfort food is lumpy mashed potatoes w/ some potato skins left in them. and a bit of butter. can't tell you the last time i had any, though. :) these days, a glass of wine is my comfort go-to. :)

Karen Lakis said...

Okay - so now the protein shake I made for my dinner seems completely inadequate!

Kathleen's Blog said...

Wow---YUMMY!!!!
Everything looks delicious---you wouldn't think you don't like cooking.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Fried potatoes and onions work for me, but are usually a special weekend breakfast treat when we do this combo. Also fried eggplant is so tasty, but not an everyday thing and we have quite a few coming in now.

Nancy said...

You are killing me.....but I am really enjoying from a distance....

Farm Girl said...

Oh I like it when you cook. I just had dinner and I am so stuffed and looking at your food I am ready to eat again. Every thing looks wonderful.
I am ready for cold weather food too,

Jill said...

WOW! My tummy is growling and I am drooling!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Do you have any leftovers? I'm hungry! :-)

Mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, peanut butter crackers with cheese--they all provide comfort.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Debbie I'm staarving now! Why wait to winter to have pot roast!!

Karen said...

My mouth is watering! I love to cook, and I can't wait for cooler weather, I am craving winter comfort food!

Brian King said...

Good grief! That all looks good! I'd definitely scarf down some of those sliders!

grammie g said...

Hi Debbie... Yummy looking grub,and those caramelized onion look good,and i hate onions! ; }

The mile high scrambled egg one made me laugh!!

My comfort food doesn't have to be cooked, it is in the freezer Ice Cream!! : }
Grace

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh my goodness, all that yummy looking food is making me want a midnight snack! I have a lot of favorite comfort foods, it would be hard to pick just one!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... Who doesn't like comfort food.

eileeninmd said...

The onions and burgers look yummy! You can come cook for me anytime! LOL! I have to show hubby your recipe. Have a happy day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I happen to be reading this before breakfast and now I am getting really hungry. It all looks so good.

Linda said...

Oh my! That looks tasty.

Bev said...

Yummy!! looks sooo good....

LeAnn said...

I think I need to be invited to dinner. It all looks yummy and thanks for the recipe. Yes, I too have comfort foods.
Blessings!

A Colorful World said...

Everything looks so good! :-) I managed to harvest about twelve somewhat small potatoes out of my garden and have only used a few...those potatoes look SOOO good! Maybe for breakfast....:-)

Ransick said...

Yum! Now I'm starving :-).

Kerri Farley said...

Oh YUM! and now I'm hungry!!

MICKAN from QUEENS FIELD¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮ said...

You are a master:)

If I tried to do caramelized onions, it will never ever be good. It will be a "chaos" with onions ... hahaha. Thats true ..!

Have a nice day!