Friday, September 2, 2022

Out For A Drive

  Wednesday was a beautiful day here.
It started off cool and we made a split second decision to get out and enjoy the 
temperature and sunshine.
First...donuts at the inlet where I saw a few boats I had never seen before.


GRIT
An obvious commercial fishing boat, 
hard working people that depend on what they catch for income.
If you look to the left of the bow of the boat, you can see a diver going into the water.
I did not see him when I took the picture.

Catamaran Luxury Yacht
It does not look like a catamaran from this angle, it was a luxurious boat.

Aria
A beautiful sailboat, we do not see many sailboats in the inlet.
 

This gull caught my eye, it's so unusual looking.
I checked my books, it looks like a Lesser Black-Backed Gull in one of it's four years of youth.
Except they have pink legs, this gulls legs are clearly black.
Any ideas?
And during my research I learned they are not seagulls, simply gulls, who knew?


We passed this dog walker on our way to the lake.
I asked if I could take his picture, he was kind and said yes.
We have passed him before, the last time I counted 14 dogs, today he had 10.
It was turing hot and humid and he said he was worried about the dogs!


At Lake of the Lilies, the Double-Crested Cormorant were out of the water, drying their wings.


- some days nothing beats a really good drive in the car -

10 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rian said...

Debbie, why was the dog walker dressed like that?

Debbie said...

rian...i have no idea why?? the hubs and i thought the same thing!! by the time we passed him it was very warm out. he was nice, seemed normal...i spoke with him but boy was it hot out!! my only thought, maybe he tries to cover his skin!!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you were able to get out on such a nice day. I did not know that there was just gull's I thought they were all seagulls. Wow not only does that guy have a lot of dogs but he is dressed like he is going to be gassed, I would be way too hot wearing all of that.
Love the last bird with his wings outstretched!
Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

It is nice to get out for a drive, you live in a great area near the shore.
Lovely view of the water and boats. That is a lot of dogs to walk, I would be a nervous wreck. The Gull is pretty, I find all the young gulls hard to id. I love the Cormorant with it's wing spread out.

Marie Smith said...

Great sights! I always enjoy photos with surprises I hadn’t seen when I took the photo!

Lowcarb team member said...

It can be so enjoyable to get out for a drive.
I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

What an awesome day. I would love to get a closer look at that catamaran!

Lisa said...

Great pictures of those boats and oh my that dog walker looks like he has his hands full with 10 dogs. I am sure he loves them to pieces too.

Ruth S said...

I saw this fellow in Point and I wanted to give him some money for dog food. He was honest and said they don’t belong to me, I’m a dog walker. Did you see the little Tiny one keeping up with the big boys?