Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Allaire State Park In Winter

Walking through
there is a very different feel during the winter.
The park is beautiful during any season but on this day, none of the buildings are open
and there aren't any people visiting.
I like the emptiness...
There aren't any leaves on the trees yet and the branches create huge shadows on the buildings.
I can't decide if I like that.


The Church

The Foremans Cottage


The Carpenters Shop


The Bakery

The Blacksmith Shop

The General Store


The Blast Furnace


The Row Houses


This Barn, my favorite, is in disrepair.



Howell Works Stage Depot


The trees were spectacular...
I have visited here and shared pictures many times.
These pictures are from this past Sunday,
it was 65 degrees and a gorgeous day!

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful collection of photos, looks like a nice day and a pretty place for a walk. Take care, have a great day!

acorn hollow said...

What a lovely place to walk and the calmness of winter is so lovely
Cathy

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Wow, those buildings are in such great shape for their age!

BeachGypsy said...

Love seeing all the old buildings!--- lots of history. Love that last picture of the tree against the blue sky!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely collection of photographs.
I like how the shadows show on some of them.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Marie Smith said...

So peaceful there at this time of year. It must be lovely to walk around there!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
A wonderful place, perfect for a walk in beautiful weather.
All your photos are wonderful. I watch them, admire them and can't take my eyes off them.
I kiss:)

Mark Wood said...

All your photos are wonderful. I watch them, admire them and can't take my eyes off them.

Conniecrafter said...

It does look like it was a beautiful day, I like the shadow of the trees on the building. The pic of the wagon wheel against the fence is my favorite!

21 Wits said...

What a gorgeous day you had and such wonderful buildings truly a great historic place to visit! Thanks for sharing almost like being there too!