Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Committed Pig

The Jersey Shore has some really amazing "casual" dining spots and 
- is one of them -
Boosting "when you're committed to success, it shows"
and it really shows here!
Everything is hot and fresh when it arrives at your table, the portions are huge...
the salads are amazing...
and the bar is well stocked if that is your thing!
Located in downtown Manasquan, 10 minutes from home, 
it is surrounded by cute little seashore shops to browse once you have finished your meal.

It's a pretty big place, they have outdoor dining upstairs, that you can see in this picture,
on either side of the sign.





We split the blueberry pancakes, they came with bacon...
we ordered it crisp and crisp it was.
We added a side of those hash brown patties and they were outstanding, I really love them.
The hubs had orange juice, it was fresh squeezed, like a glass of sunshine.


I am adding a picture of my hot chocolate because it looked so pretty, but tasted like hot water.
It was the only disappointment. 

I noticed this new gold pig by the door as we left.
I think I see the word "whisky" on it 
My friend Jim from Jim and Barbs Adventures may know something about that.

No!! we were so lucky to have you!!
 

8 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

It all looks delicious especially those hash brown patties--- love those! And the BACON!!!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Barb and I were just talking about Whistle Pig the other day! I asked her where the distillery was as I wanted to tour it. It is one of the few that is not in Kentucky. Whistle Pig is in Quechee, Vermont where they distill a Rye Whiskey. Very delicious! (If that is your thing)

Rian said...

I have to agree that your breakfast looked delicious... and was pleased to see Gluten free toast and buns on the menu.

Linda said...

You find the best places to eat! Your photos are so amazing that I can nearly smell that bacon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
What a cute restaurant, I like the Gold Whisky pig.
The breakfast looks yummy!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

Looks so good! You always visit such lovely places!

Anonymous said...

You can't beat crispy bacon!

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

Everything did look very good, looks like they have an interesting menu for sure.