Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Inlet

 The Inlet...where the hubs and I sat and talked for hours on our first date.
We visit so often and every time I see a boat, I go nuts...
I'm not sure why.
And just like magic, just as we parked, this first boat "Christy" entered the inlet, 
to embark upon its long journey out to sea.
I have never seen this boat, making its sighting even more special.





came next, just a few minutes later.



I have seen Vengeance in the past, another commercial fishing boat heading out to sea.

You can see a Loon in the water in this image.
In the center, at the bottom of the image.


There were a least a half dozen Loons in the water on this day, identifying this one has me stumped.

The back looked like a Common Loon but the white face and neck is different.
Maybe it is its first winter.
Any thoughts?
I had forgotten my camera, all of these pictures were taken with my cell phone.
What a shame, this Loon was pretty close, 
I could have gotten some amazing pictures...they will be leaving soon.

7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the photos you take at that location, Debbie. A pretty special place in your history. Quite the interesting loon!

Rian said...

Your cell phone takes good pics!

Anonymous said...

A special place.
Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

DeniseinVA said...

There really is something about boats on water, and such a lovely place with the memories of your first date. Very special indeed! Great photos, that color red really pops against the blue of the water and sky.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Are those boats shrimpers or something else? What a beautiful place to sit and watch the world go by.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
First date. Congratulations. You have beautiful memories, you have been together in love for many years.
I always admire your perfect photos because they are beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

I like the deep red color on those boats. You forgot your camera, wow what were you thinking :)