Saturday, March 16, 2024

Saturday Critters #535

 The days have been warmer here in New Jersey and I decided to open the office window...
camera in hand to see what birds would come for a visit.
I have not done this for a few weeks and I really enjoyed this visit with my feathered friends.

Taking 50 pictures of one bird is not unusual for me.
I never really know if I am getting a good image until I put my chip into my computer.
If I am lucky, most will be good. 
Once the birds have landed, 
they move around a lot...their poses excite me and I want to memorialize them all. 
The Male Downy Woodpecker seemed ready for lots of pictures... 

*wink* 
at me but perhaps they open and close their eyes frequently.


I see this Woodpecker in my yard year round, 
it is considered to be the smallest woodpecker in North America.
The male and female are similar, the male has a red patch of feathers on the back of his head.


This bird come in very close to the window.
Although these images are cropped, they are not cropped by much.




Next up, on a cloudy but warm day...

The Yellow Rumped Warbler

such a tiny, playful bird, in flight it displays a lot of yellow.


I only see this bird during the winter and it will be leaving soon.
I was so glad to see it before it left!


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

13 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Oh that third picture of the woodpecker---- I love that one! And all the warbler ones- you get great shots at that window for sure! Have a happy weekend!

Marie Smith said...

We get those warblers soon. They are quite the flyers. Great shots!

Villrose said...

Lovely visitors!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It one stays still long enough, I take a lot! You never know which pose will be in focus! Enjoy your weekend! Hope it warms up!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

You have a couple of cuties right there!

P-and-P said...

Great photos. :)

Latane Barton said...

I miss my downy woodpeckers who used to come feed on my balcony. Alas, the staff made us take our feeders down... dropped seeds on the floors below me they said.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Beautiful series on the Woodpecker and the Warbler.
They are both beauties! The warm weather is really nice.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

RedPat said...

As usual the quality of your shots is amazing. Wonderful shots.

Linda said...

Lovely birds!

Anonymous said...

They are lovely birds, great photographs.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

they are both such cuties for sure, you got so many great pics, nice since that may be the last time you see the Warbler

Yvonne said...

Beautiful birds you see through your window. I wade through tons of photos to pick out a few that I really like, so I know the feeling.