Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Happy First Day Of Spring

 - these Daffodils are from my garden...I have 100's -

Here are a few fun facts about spring...

- spring fever is a real syndrome -
- daffodil is the birth flower for march -
- baby birds learn to sing in the spring -
- the first day of spring is called the vernal equinox -
- benjamin franklin was the first to purpose daylight savings time in 1784 -


Popular spring flowers are forsythia, snowdrops, hyacinth, crocus, daffodil, lilies, and tulips.
Forsythia - the first true sign of spring!

I'll show you the rest of the Peeps tomorrow!

10 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Spring!
Your flowers pictures make me smile.
Thank you

BeachGypsy said...

Those are beautiful!! We haven't planted any here yet, maybe this Fall we'll get some in. We did put in Canna bulbs, they did come up and bloomed last summer. The irises never came up. We didn't try daffodils or tulips yet.

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, for the first day of spring it's snowing here!

acorn hollow said...

Our bulbs are just starting to peek up. I do love spring but I will like it better when March calms down.
Cathy

Conniecrafter said...

They are beautiful, how wonderful to have that many around! plenty to enjoy outside and bring some in too!

Linda said...

I love your daffodils are amazing and I can imagine what hundreds of them would look!
I planted some this year and they have already bloomed. Pretty while they last!

eileeninmd said...

The daffodils are pretty, we have some blooming around our yard too.
I love hearing the birds singing in the early morning.
Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

The daffodils are gorgeous! Such a beautiful addition to one’s home.

BeachGypsy said...

THANK YOU DEBBIE!--- I Think you may be right on the tree identification! Fire in the swamp and yes we have a swamp just down the road! Thanks so much!--- any idea on the other tree when you have time?

Anonymous said...

Lovely daffodils.
Happy Spring.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/