Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Yarn Along

I am still working on my blue,


Chevron Baby Blanket...
- bla, bla, bla -
I have not gotten much done since last week.
I only knitted 2 rows while I was away, 
and that was on the drive home from Rhinebeck, New York.

Next are a few more pictures from The Sheep and Wool Festival...

Andee took this picture of all 14 of us right before we left on Saturday morning.
It has become a tradition to take a picture in front of the house,
right before we leave for the festival.

This is the same picture, uncroped, so you can see a little more of the house.
It is the same house that we stayed in last year, it's a really big place.
All 14 of us fit comfortably!

At the festival...
Robin and I took our very first knitting class together,
I am so glad we have remained friends!

Robin, Leanne and I
When you attend this festival, 
it is customary to wear a sweater that you have knitted.
I have never knitted a sweater, so I wore my gray guernsey wrap.
It looked pretty with my orange sweater that someone at "Chico's" knitted.
Leanne is good at that selfie thing, I never know where to look.

The Loot
The items I purchased, and those that were gifted to me.
Back right is maple cotton candy...I picked some up because I "heard" it was good.
Also in the back, those are 4 cards with sheep drawings, they are totally adorable.
Fingerless mitts, soap, leather book, sewing kit (I'll share that when I make it)
a sheep bag and the circular needle I purchased to start my very first sweater.
Yes, you read that right, 
I purchased the yarn a year ago and now I am ready to make it happen.
I don't buy yarn at the festival, it is just too overwhelming for me.

The main reasons I attended this festival...fun and friendship.
I love these people and I feel their love toward me all the time, isn't that wonderful?

Leanne drew this picture of the house, each of us received a copy of it.
What a wonderful gift!

We did a "secret cousin" gift exchange, drawing names on Friday night.
Rules were, purchase a gift Saturday at the festival...
then we exchanged our gifts on Saturday evening!
Robin picked my name and she gifted me this beautiful skien of purple yarn.

Leanne's sister Liz gifted each of us these tape measures with a crocheted cozy!!

Andee, the third sister, gifted each of us one of these coin/money purses.
I used mine all weekend, it was small and easy to access.


2018 Program/Guide Book


Each year the festival has a "logo contest" which appears on the sign and book.
The best 8 or so entries are selected and the people who attend the festival vote for their favorite.
Leannes "VW Bus" Art Work won for 2019 and will appear on all of next years signs, 
the front of the guide book and on the bags that they sell at the festival.

She's famous and boy does she deserve it.
She is a very talented graphic designer and she took on a full time job a year or so ago.
I have tried to get her to quit, I have even tried money, 
but she won't quit, she loves her job...
before she started working she had more time for lessons, knit alongs and "us"!
Maybe when she reads this she will feel bad and quit.
How 'bout it Leanne...do you feel bad enough?
She knows I am kidding (not), I love her and I am so happy when she is happy!

13 comments:

Laura. M said...

What a great meeting to enjoy everything you like. I'm glad you had a good time, Debbie. Cute gifts He insists that Leanne stop smoking, it will do her good. My husband left him a long time ago and he is happy, he recommends it to everyone. Thanks Debbie for sharing good times.
Besos.

Debbie said...

i'm sure this is suppose to say "working" not "smoking"!!!

Marie Smith said...

Knitting is a big part of your life now, Debbie. Such a wonderful activity!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your loot all looks wonderful. It is a cute idea to exchange names and pick out gifts at the festival. Leanne's graphic design is really cute, it will look wonderful on all the signs and bags next year. Good luck on the sweater, I am sure your knitting friends will help you out if you have trouble. Enjoy your day!

Sally M said...

That looks so fun!! I love your wrap. I made one too, but have not blocked it yet. I wish I wasn't so lazy. My aunt lives in Washingtonville, NY. I asked her if Rhinebeck was far and she said one hour. I live in Idaho, but may plan a fun getaway. It is always fun to have an excuse to travel. She is an amazing crocheter. If that is a word. I am a slightly pathetic knitter. But I did make that wrap. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Mersad said...

I used to know how to knit when i was in elemntary school. This looks like a fun festival. Great images.

Debbie said...

you should go next year sally, it is a really fun time...if you can handle the crowds!!

Sue (this n that) said...

Your shawl is certainly growing Debbie, the chevron style is beautiful.
Great shots from the fun Sheep and Wool Festival. Wow, those gifts are wonderful, how creative. I love the artwork too... really special.
Wearing your wrap was a great idea and it does go perfectly with your top!
Enjoy your Maple Candy (the flavour would be heavenly). (Just a by-the-way, we call it Fairy Floss here in Australia :D))

Susie said...

Debbie, This looks like the best time. I love the picture of all the smiling faces. I bet you saw plenty of pretty knitted items. All the pretty blues look great. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

21 Wits said...

Awe, what a beautiful group gathered and enjoying your day! Great fun for all!

MarmePurl said...

Wait.....a sweater???!!!!
I am so very proud of you!

LeAnn said...

This is beautiful group of women. You all look so happy. I like the home that you stayed in too. That architecture style is one of my favorites. I said before that I think this kind of weekend with friends would be so much fun. I can tell you enjoyed every precious moment. I live all the loot you came home with . The sheep pictures look unique. I wonderful what maple cotton canday would taste like.
The gift exchange looked like so much fun. I love the purple yarn that Robin got you. Leanne is very talented. I loved the drawing of the home and her winning the logo contest. She is a very talented lady.
Wow, I will look forward to your learning and doing the sweater. I think you will do well with it. I am so impressed with your work.
Well, my dear friend, I loved all your photos of this wonderful ladies adventure.
Thanks for you awesome comments on my last post. I love that we are blogging and facebook friends. May we meet someday!
Blessings and hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love that picture of all fourteen of you.
What a fabulous time you all had.

All the best Jan