Thursday, October 4, 2018

National Alpaca Farm Days

Each year, the last weekend in September
celebrates National Alpaca Farm Days.

We go every year, 
it is a wonderful event, hosted by an amazing family.
You may remember that it was on this farm that I learned to knit.
They work very hard getting the farm ready,
cleaning up, decorating the area with mums, cornstalks and pumpkins...
there is free food, hot dogs, chips, cookies and drinks.
Their Coop/Store is open, yarn and hand crafted items are on display,
and there are lots of pretty items and yarn for sale.
Don gives free tours so you can get up close with and feed the Alpaca.
The whole family participates and this is one of the nicest events we attend all year.

I did snap a few pictures...








My knitting girls...


Dee...














I spent several hours knitting with my girls and enjoying the view...
- it was a beautiful day -

18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks so relaved and peaceful there, Debbie. And those sweet alpaca faces are adorable.

Brian King said...

Those alpaca faces....LOL!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a fun place to do your knitting. I love the alpacas. They are adorable. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'll go packa for a trip

Changes in the wind said...

What a treat...

Louca por porcelana said...

Great pics!Hugs!

World of Animals, Inc said...

What a beautiful looking animals, I love how fluffy these alpacas furs are. Amazing photos. Thanks for the share, hope you have a wonderful rest of your week. Keep up the posts.
World of Animals

Leanne Coppola said...

THANK YOU for always coming and supporting us :) It wouldn't be the same without you!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat! They are such interesting critters! We drove by some a few days ago but couldn't stop. Maybe next time! Hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

What fun! Those alpacas are so adorable I just want to hug and kiss them.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can tell you were having a wonderful time.

Judy said...

Aren't they the sweetest animals!!

LeAnn said...

I think it sounds so fun to sit with with a group of friends and knit. I'm sure you have a lively conversation. I do love how unique the Alpaca are. I know their fur is extra soft to touch. I enjoyed looking at all the fantastic photos of this neat event.
Blessings and hugs!

Lady Fi said...

Fun shots.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

they are such cuties Debbie. A lovely day out. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

The alpacas are so adorable …

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how cute, how fun to have time with the girls in this Autumn setting and to spend some time with the Alpacas, it's neat they open it up to everyone to enjoy!

Karen Lakis said...

Awww - those sweet faces. This looks like a wonderful farm!