Monday, October 1, 2018

Holland Ridge Farm

You may remember that we visited 
Holland Ridge Farm
 in the Spring, for their tulip festival.
Today we went back for their Sunflower festival.
The fields were simply amazing, filled with sunflowers, for as far as the eye could see.
There were a lot of fun activities as well.
A hay bale maze, corn maze, horse & buggy rides, pony rides...
pick your own sunflowers (they provide the lopers), and sunflowers for sale.
And...there were food trucks...
They also have stations set up where you can paint a sunflower picture,
with people guiding you.
This was not set up when I was there, this is something I would have loved to do. 

So on to the pictures, this place is gorgeous!!

These signs led the way!

This very cool sign, 
tells you just how far you are from popular places 
like Washington, D.C. and Las Vegas.

I loved the Dutch shoe, this was not here during our Spring visit!!

Look closely, you will see a face smiling back at you,
the bees landed in the perfect spot for that.




I love these...
Holland Ridge Farms Cream Ridge, New Jersey


Fun, right?
So...I entered, 40,060
I picked this number because I thought it might be close...
the hubs and I are married 40 years and we are 60 years old.
Well, at lest one of us is...
the hubs won't be 60 until November but that was the science behind this guess.
If I win, I will donate the money back to the farm.



The sunflowers were perfectly beautiful!







This place is amazing...
I met Casey the owner, what a super nice guy!
And everyone who works here, a great group of people!

20 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my, such wonderful pictures!! Loved the shoe and the sunflower with the bee and you peeking out of the two sunflowers:)

eileeninmd said...

Hi Debbie, I love all the fun photos of you and your hubby! The sunflowers are gorgeous. Lovely post and photos. Happy October! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Marie Smith said...

Those happy flower faces are perfect! Great photos as usual, Debbie.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh wow those sunflowers are magnificent.

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures.

Angie said...

Debbie - what a gorgeous place - I would love to visit. It looked like you had so much fun … good luck with the contest, and how generous it would be to donate your winnings back to the farm!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love to visit gardens , but have never been to a sunflower festival! They always make me smile and this post definitely did that too! I saw Punta Gorda near the top of that sign post ...it’s just a few miles from our Florida house. ... we go there for lunch and shopping often.

Wietrzyk said...

Beautiful sunflowers :)

aussie aNNie said...

Wow Debbie those sunflowers are amazing, so love them. Had a lot around when I was a child in the country. The bees sure love them as do the cockies here...they eat them to nothing.
I see Sydney on your sign there, and gosh nearly 10,000 ml away no wonder it takes me hours to fly anywhere...
Good luck with the contest and so nice to see your page and gorgeous photos.xx

Louca por porcelana said...

How adorable!I wish I could be there with my parents!Hugs!

Farm Girl said...

What a beautiful place. I would love to visit a place like that.
I love that shoe too. How awesome is that?
Lovely Debbie.

Unknown said...

Debbie,
I am completely impressed and almost in tears at your stunning and heartfelt photos. Thank You for sharing. I handle everything creative at Holland Ridge Farms and love beautiful things, such as yours. And your story about gratefulness with marriage, husband and children should be a shout out to the world! Thank You. Cynthia Soler

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, this place does look amazing...
I so enjoyed ALL of your photographs.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Debbie, I can relate to your scrapbooking adding up, I too have had the same issues and have now purchased another external hard drive to add the ones of my baby granddaughter on....not exposing to the world. Love my family too and am blessed with wonders around me... hugs.xxx

Conniecrafter said...

I love sunflowers, so upset the rabbits won't leave them alone when I plant them here. That was a cute pick with the bees as the eyes of a smiley face. Perfect timing for the sunflowers they look to be in great shape!! How wonderful to be celebrating 40 years together!

baili said...

Oh dear Debbie THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for this DELIGHTFUL treat :)

you just uplifted my soul !

what a lovely place to visit and lucky you to find and visit it as couple which is more exciting!

absorbing beauty and cheerful smiles of nature !
yes i call them by these name
they are so friendly and energy giving blooms!
thank you once again my friend!
stay happy and yes i thoroughly loved the photo of you guys with bright smiles:)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Wow. Who wouldn't love a sunflower festival!

Karen Lakis said...

I love your method for making your guess! This looks like a beautiful place, and it would be hard to feel gloomy while surrounded by these cheerful flowers!

Brian King said...

Very fun place! I love sunflower fields! Gorgeous photos!

Ida said...

What a cool place. Just loved your photos.