Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Yarn Along

Today's a big Yarn Along day for me as I finished 2 projects this week.
Yep, you read that right, 
2 completed knits and I could not be prouder.

The Donnie Hat 
is done and off my needles.
I mentioned last week that I had a small mistake in the hat...
I ended up frogging out 6 or 7 rows and re-doing it.
I am happy that I did, it will be a Christmas present and I feel it was time well spent.

Knitting four stitches then slipping one, creates this nice, clean pattern.

The finished Donnie Hat matches the Bandana Cowl I finished a few weeks ago.

This hand dyed yarn is gorgeous and a joy to work with.
You may remember this yarn came from,
Andrea from Tributary Yarns & This knitted Life 
The yarn is Watershed Worsted Hand Dyed Yarn 100% Sustainable Wool
- 4 oz / 240 yards - 
many thanks again Andrea for sending me this beautiful yarn.

And do you see that circular needle sitting on the blanket,
that's right,
The Chevron Baby Blanket
is off the needles, ready to be blocked.

My knitting teacher Leanne and her sister Liz started a video blog a few months ago.
Leanne designed this beautiful pin and I am so honored to have one.
The vlog is
Cocktail Hour at the Coop
if you have a half hour to spare, watch it...they talk about me in it 
and I feel like a rock star!
Plus they are super fun and funny...and they talk about a lot of things, not just knitting!

This Autumn Picture Book by Jean Muleteer is one of my favorites.
The Fall pictures inside are gorgeous!

It's time to put something new on the needles, I'm not sure what, but I need to decide.
I am flying to my sisters on Friday and I "need" to have something to work on!

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the knitting updates, Debbie. The finished projects are beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your finished projects are beautiful. I love the hat, bandana cowl and the blanket are all beautiful. Have a happy day!

Pam said...

Your work is amazing. My stitches never look look that good! Great job. Keep on stitching on!

DeniseinVA said...

If someone gave me these as a Christmas gift, I would be over the moon. They are works of art.

Judy said...

All just beautiful and I do know what you mean by, "I NEED something to work on."
It is a need, isn't it. Our hands cannot stay idle.

Lowcarb team member said...

2 completed knits! Well done, and they look fabulous.

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

Wow - I can just see your needles flying! Nice job!

Kim said...

Two gorgeous woolly finishes, Debbie. I love the colours in the Donnie hat. That books looks as if every page is filled with mouth watering autumnal hues. Enjoy your visit with your sister.

Conniecrafter said...

I do love the design of the hat, I am sure you are glad you pulled it out and made sure all was right. You did a beautiful job and congrats on another blanket done too! Hope you have a great visit with your sister and find something you want to knit to make the time go by faster :)

LeAnn said...

I love how you set up your display for showing your marvelous projects in knitting. Debbie, the Donnie Hat and Cowl are just beautiful and I love the colors. You do such a nice job. I think you are getting this knitting down to perfection. congratulations on getting two project completed. I have told you before how lovely the baby blanket is.
The Autumn book looks like a good one to have. I love this time of year.
I am so excited that you are flying off to be with a sister. I will love learning more about this one. Treasure those moments with her. I never had a sister and it is something I have always missed in my life. My daughters as adults do help to fulfill that void.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous artwork,love the beautiful colors!Hugs!

Karen said...

I bought some yarn that has the beautiful fall colors in two inch segments. It is knitting up into beautiful socks.