Friday, October 12, 2018

Asbury Park

I really love Asbury Park, New Jersey
A hip, beachy, music enriched community, Asbury Park has a super eclectic vibe.

Only 20 minutes from home, we took a ride there the last day of September 
and enjoyed a bike ride on the boardwalk.
We also spent a little time in sister town Ocean Grove, 
where the beaches were beautiful.
It was a warm, sunny, Indian Summer day and the beach was full with locals.

I think these beaches are some of the prettiest I have ever seen.







Inside The Old Carousel House,


there was some art on display that perfectly reflected the vibe of this town.






The art was "odd", interesting, and cool...
I liked this painting of Marilyn, but I thought it looked more like Madonna!
And it was fun to get out on the bikes again!

11 comments:

Andy said...

Lovely place to spend some time. Enjoy!

Brian King said...

Beautiful beach! My kind, too...uncrowded. Great carousel house and art!

Changes in the wind said...

Love that white water and fun place to go.

Lori said...

What amazing photos! You give me all kinds of ideas of places to go. I would love to visit this wonderful place!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

The beach...such a horrible place to spend the day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the beach is always a nice place to visit. The carousel house is pretty. I like the art work, the jellyfish is cool. Enjoy your day and weekend!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Hello Dear Debbie!

Beautiful sea landscapes.
Debbie, your photos are wonderful.
Hugs and greetings.
Lucja

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those beaches do look wonderful.

Judy said...

I was totally unaware that you have rocks along the ocean there. I thought that was a west coast thing.

Marie Smith said...

The blues are gorgeous as is the artwork! Great post, Debbie.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I thought that picture was Madonna too :) It does look like a great beach, I love the waves. Wow that is some interesting artwork